Backhoe and Filled tires

/ Backhoe and Filled tires #1  

Plas62

Silver Member
Tractor
LS XJ2025H
I am looking at buying a Kubota B2650 with FEL and Backhoe. I could not find a pdf owners manual on the BH77 BH that it would come with, buy did run a across a BH75 manual that stated that the tractor tires should not be filled if a BH is attached.

Is this correct? Is there a problem with having filled tires on a tractor with a BH?

/ Backhoe and Filled tires #2  
Is this correct? Is there a problem with having filled tires on a tractor with a BH?

no.

I have both.

/ Backhoe and Filled tires #3  
I think they say that because many people use the backhoe to lift and reposition the tractor when digging. They think loaded tires make the tractor too heavy to lift and may cause some sort of damage. I don't think it will be an issue.

/ Backhoe and Filled tires #5  
I am looking at buying a Kubota B2650 with FEL and Backhoe. I could not find a pdf owners manual on the BH77 BH that it would come with, buy did run a across a BH75 manual that stated that the tractor tires should not be filled if a BH is attached.

Email the manufacturer and ask why not.

I have a B2650 with bh77 and fel. Love it. I have over size tires and have switched my bh controls to "cat" pattern as they come original with the "john deere" pattern. I have not filled the tires and now that I have used the loader a fair bit without the backhoe attached, I doubt that I will fill them as I need so little weight on the back to stall the loader. My Landpride 60" mower is more than enough.
DSC02556.JPG

/ Backhoe and Filled tires #6  
I have a L3800 with a BH77 and loaded tires. I can't imagine what the issue would be with having both as the weight in the tires isn't directly supported by the axle/axle bearings. Interested to hear why the mfr would say to avoid it.

/ Backhoe and Filled tires #7  
I have a L3800 with a BH77 and loaded tires. I can't imagine what the issue would be with having both as the weight in the tires isn't directly supported by the axle/axle bearings. Interested to hear why the mfr would say to avoid it.

If you do not use the hoe to reposition the rear of the tractor and never dig downwards with the bucket you are correct. If you do reposition with the hoe or put high loads on the backhoe to break out large rocks then you are incorrect. Anytime the backhoe is lifting the rear of the tractor up the weighted rear tires are loading the axle/axle bearings, sub frame and other related parts.

Check with the manufacturer and follow their recommendations.

/ Backhoe and Filled tires #8  
I don't own a B series tractor but I can't see this statement in the manual being true for any other reason than the assumption that the backhoe itself adds enough weight to the rear of the tractor so no need to fill the rears. "IF" it turns out for some reason there's a heightened chance of mechanical failure with this combination of backhoe and loaded rears that would be a big inconvenience, for me at least.

Not a B but I did have an L series with loaded rears that I did lots of tough digging with. No problems.
It had the BH76 backhoe.

/ Backhoe and Filled tires #9  
I have the Kubota BH90 backhoe and the manual says the same thing, no loaded tires with the backhoe on.

/ Backhoe and Filled tires #10  
The only thing I can think of is that the loaded rears would add to the digging force and may break something on the mast.

The mast will lift the tractor which would provide a measure of safety, or relief, from something getting bent or broken.

Somehow I don't understand how the rear axle/bearing can be loaded when the tires are off the ground and lifted on the outriggers. ???

My advice would be avoid a backhoe that requires unloaded rears. It would be a deal killer for me. A different choice may be made better and beefier. However, Kubota does seem to overdo it on caution.

Oh, and my L48 has loaded rears that require the mast to be used to extend the outriggers to full length. I have also repositioned the BH using the mast and lifting the whole rear quite often when digging out stumps.