broken bottom side glass

/ broken bottom side glass #1  

steve kay

Tractor
Bobcat 5600T
does anyone have experience or knowledge of replacing the bottom driver side door glass on a ToolCat 5600?

/ broken bottom side glass #2  
It looks to be a rubber mounted glass. We use to put a string around the rubber channel on trucks, lay the glass up to the opening, soap the rubber, and pull the string around to seat it. The odd shape of the tool cat glass may make it more difficult but I would try to set the bottom seat then try the string. Mix some dish detergent and water to lube it with.

/ broken bottom side glass #3  
does anyone have experience or knowledge of replacing the bottom driver side door glass on a ToolCat 5600?
Well you didn't say what Series or year it is.

My 2013 5610, Series F Has the door glass glued on.

P3070023.JPG

/ broken bottom side glass #4  
Don't forget , when working with a forced fit on plastics and or rubber heat is your friend. Soaking in hot water, parked in searing sun or a heat gun will make the job a lot easier. Try to use some sort of lubricant as well. I use armor all or similar. These days any time I do anything tinkering with plastics I use the heat gun. It just makes the job easier and keeps you from breaking things.

/ broken bottom side glass #5  
A cotter pin removal tool is pretty handy for removing or installing glass in rubber frames.

cotter pin removal.jpg

/ broken bottom side glass #6  
If it's glued in you can buy a tube from most automotive parts stores. It comes in fast set or overnight. You will want the fast set. If you can remove the door and lay it flat it will be real easy, otherwise you will have to use duct tape to hold the glass in place and something like a couple thin pieces of rubber for the glass to set on while the urethane dries. You just use a utility knife to remove as much of the old glue and then wipe the frame down with something that will take any dirt or grime off. The glue comes in a tube that you apply with a caulking gun. You need to put down a bead think enough so the window will sit about the same depth as the old one was at but not too much so it squishes out. The glue is real messy so try not to get it on anything other than where you want it. I do believe rubbing alcohol will remove it off of painted parts before it dries. If you get it on your hands and it dries it could take weeks before it wears off. The glue is very strong and sticks well to most surfaces.

/ broken bottom side glass #7  
If it's glued in you can buy a tube from most automotive parts stores. It comes in fast set or overnight. You will want the fast set. If you can remove the door and lay it flat it will be real easy, otherwise you will have to use duct tape to hold the glass in place and something like a couple thin pieces of rubber for the glass to set on while the urethane dries. You just use a utility knife to remove as much of the old glue and then wipe the frame down with something that will take any dirt or grime off. The glue comes in a tube that you apply with a caulking gun. You need to put down a bead think enough so the window will sit about the same depth as the old one was at but not too much so it squishes out. The glue is real messy so try not to get it on anything other than where you want it. I do believe rubbing alcohol will remove it off of painted parts before it dries. If you get it on your hands and it dries it could take weeks before it wears off. The glue is very strong and sticks well to most surfaces.

It's called windshield urethane. It's the stuff your windshield of your cars are set in. Bed it in that after cleaning it . Just be sure to have tape or whatever holding it in place so it doesn't slip or move before curing. By next day it's not going anywhere ever. 3m 5200 is essentially the same thing in white. Neither store well once opened so use up the tube on other things within a few days or it's wasted. Great stuff.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: