Slip Clutch maintenance.

/ Slip Clutch maintenance. #11  
For me, Plan B would be to take the mower while the bolts are loosened and the springs are decompressed and run the mower over a fire ant mound or something that you know should make it slip.

What you may find is that one of the disks will slip, but the other one won't. In that case, you will probably have to disassemble the slip clutch. And if I was going to do that, I'd just replace both disks while I had it disassembled.

/ Slip Clutch maintenance.
That is what I'll do, probably this weekend. Thank you, sir.

/ Slip Clutch maintenance. #13  
Back it in a pond if you have one. That will supply all the load your poor tractor can handle. You are right. It won't have a shear pin. That's what the slip clutch is for.

/ Slip Clutch maintenance. #14  
For me, Plan B would be to take the mower while the bolts are loosened and the springs are decompressed and run the mower over a fire ant mound or something that you know should make it slip.

What you may find is that one of the disks will slip, but the other one won't. In that case, you will probably have to disassemble the slip clutch. And if I was going to do that, I'd just replace both disks while I had it disassembled.
If it slips at all, all disks will slip. Their friction effect is additive and the motion of the friction disks is not independent from one another.