Can you adjust pedal travel on a hydraulic (wet) clutch tractor?

/ Can you adjust pedal travel on a hydraulic (wet) clutch tractor? #1  

sixdogs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, Kubota MX5100, Deere 790 TLB, Farmall Super C
I have a new-to-me Kubota M6800 that has hydraulic shuttle and a hydraulic clutch. The pedal is fine but I would like it just a little bit lower. Trouble is, I don't see any adjusting rod or any way to adjust. The owner's manual skips over it and the shop manual says nothing.

Any idea? Can I adjust a hydraulic wet clutch like this?

/ Can you adjust pedal travel on a hydraulic (wet) clutch tractor? #2  
its best to leave that valve well alone. if i remeber correctly, there is an adjustment up under the dash but id leave well alone. they are touchy little buggers and its very easy to bugger up the clutch response.

/ Can you adjust pedal travel on a hydraulic (wet) clutch tractor?
Well, too late for that. I found that rod under the dash and attempted greater clutch play. While I haven't started it yet, you do not get more clutch play by changing the rod length. There is a point at which the maximum clutch free play is gained and that is where mine was. I'm fixing something else on it so I can't run it for while but I hope I get it back to where it was.

There is no mention of this in the M6800 service manual so maybe I'll be able to track down a manual for the M7040 and make sure I don't screw anything up. Thanks for your response and I appreciate it.

/ Can you adjust pedal travel on a hydraulic (wet) clutch tractor? #4  
How about bending the arm the pedal is on? You can always buy a new one if you mess it up. :laughing:

/ Can you adjust pedal travel on a hydraulic (wet) clutch tractor?
ozzie got me going on this again and concerned I might have screwed something up so I went to the dealer and found a Kubota supplemental booklet that covered the hydraulic shuttle and the wet clutch. Indeed, they can be touchy little buggers but here is how you adjust a wet clutch on a Kubota M6800 as well as many similar shuttle shift models.

Look at the attached PDF View attachment SCN_0011.pdf and it's only 5 simple steps to get it right. The way I was headed, I would have done it wrong. I wish I could just show the page rather than the PDF but I don't know how to do that. I think people get in trouble because they start the adjustment process from the wrong point.

It's important you start correctly with the pedal in the right position and then adjust your free play. They are really such tough clutches, the dealer has never had a reason to adjust one and has never had a problem with one. If you have a wet clutch, leave it alone. If you get in trouble not leaving it alone, look at the attached PDF and it's a piece of cake. Problem solved. :)