Night shots!?!

/ Night shots!?! #1  

dragoneggs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota BX-25D, Kubota Z122RKW-42
Burning the last many burns of stumps, limbs, scrub trees, etc. finally got a good burn going and as always, don't have the heart to dowse so I'm on fire watch. Time to kill... I know... TBN... Hey what about posting a challenge? Who works their tractors at night? Bigger challenge... Pics please!

image-3643373336.jpg

image-1640616493.jpg

/ Night shots!?! #2  
Burning the last many burns of stumps, limbs, scrub trees, etc. finally got a good burn going and as always, don't have the heart to dowse so I'm on fire watch. Time to kill... I know... TBN... Hey what about posting a challenge? Who works their tractors at night? Bigger challenge... Pics please!

Hi DE,

BTDT, I hate putting out the fire too- I'd rather sit up alone and watch it- as long as the skeeters, etc don't get too bad.

How about pictures of bonfires or campfires instead [or in addition]- but only where there is no burning ban or drought.

Thomas

/ Night shots!?!
Hi DE, BTDT, I hate putting out the fire too- I'd rather sit up alone and watch it- as long as the skeeters, etc don't get too bad. How about pictures of bonfires or campfires instead [or in addition]- but only where there is no burning ban or drought. Thomas
Man! You are up early or... I'm out on my deck watching over the fire 200ft away sipping something that definitely won't put the fire out! No skeeters either. Better half kept saying (until she fell asleep) "thought you were a Boy Scout, aren't you suppose to put it out?" She has guilted me into a very late nighter... And yep, solo!

/ Night shots!?! #4  
Man! You are up early or... I'm out on my deck watching over the fire 200ft away sipping something that definitely won't put the fire out! No skeeters either. Better half kept saying (until she fell asleep) "thought you were a Boy Scout, aren't you suppose to put it out?" She has guilted me into a very late nighter... And yep, solo!

Thread title made me think of night shots of Glenlivet.

/ Night shots!?! #5  
Out here we can't start a brush fire until 10am and we are supposed to have completely it out by 4 pm. I spent a few nights watching over the pile burn down to a ash pile. Once it was well burned down, I pushed rocks around it and went to bed. .. Slept with 1 eye open.

/ Night shots!?! #6  
Nice night shots. Back in the day, when I use to work(ugh-4 letter word), I would plow snow at night. Snow falling off the pine trees that line the driveway would ensure that I never fell asleep. Nothing quite so chilling as a shot down the back of your neck.

Now that I'm retired - any plowing is a daytime thing.

/ Night shots!?! #7  
We are not allowed to burn after sunset. They worry about what will be thrown on when it's too dark to see the smoke. Fire department WILL come and put it out!

/ Night shots!?! #8  
Looks like fun, we don't have any local burn regulations, burn when and how often you want.

/ Night shots!?! #9  

I am almost always a late night owl- unless I have to be at work in the AM, and since I worked the w/e, I was off in the AM.

I do have some of those nights and enjoy a libation while on fire watch, but I'm an exclusively high end beer drinker and usually eschew spirits, especially the type Newbury thinks of.

Glad that you had a peaceful night- your pictures gave my mind a focus for some great meditation about that- so I had one too.

Thanks for that too,
Thomas

PS: We are really set back in the middle of our 8 acres which are further isolated in a larger parcel, so we only loosely follow burn restrictions here, but we strictly follow common sense ones- we have the garden hose hooked up, run down to the fire pit, and turned on at source, have Class A fire extinguishers [water propelled by compressed air] immediately at hand, don't burn when there is any significant breeze at all, and keep things well controlled by having precreated fire breaks.

Finally the fire pit is directly upwind of our pond, so sparks generally don't get past it.

Last edited:
   / Night shots!?! #10  

View attachment 473085

View attachment 473086

Mark,

Here in South Kitsap County we are not allowed to burn at night. I cheat sometimes when the flames have died and no wind forecast. I have 3 piles started for 10' Diameter burns. I always wait for rain, my woods are too close.

Ron