Tractor won't start after running?!

/ Tractor won't start after running?! #1  

docsfarm

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 5035 HST
So. My mahindra 5035 has been acting funny. 3 times now the following has happened.
After not running it for a week or more, I jump on and hit the starter, just a couple cranks and it fires and runs great. I'll use it for whatever I need to do (time varies from 5 min to 1hour) then shut it down to jump of and do something for a few minutes. Get back on. Won't start. Nothing. Only way I can start it is to bleed fuel lines at the cylinders. Once I have fuel flowing it starts up and runs fine again. It's as if it creates a vacuum and sucks in air after running. But if it sits a while it resolves itself?!
Thoughts? Thanks!

/ Tractor won't start after running?! #2  
Sounds to Me Like Vapor Lock Not Air. Are any of the Fuel Lines Routed any where Near a Hot Exhaust Pipe?... Reason I ask this is, that's what can causes Vapor Lock.
The fact that you say it Cures itself is what makes me think, after it cools down, no more Vapor Lock.
Just a Educated Guess from a Uneducated Old Dummy. Keep us Posted

/ Tractor won't start after running?! #3  
You've tried taking the fuel fill cap off when this happens, right?
Jim

/ Tractor won't start after running?!
Yes. I did try that Jim.
Hmmmm. Vapor lock. I'll have to see what routs by the fuel lines. I don't think much though.

/ Tractor won't start after running?!
Out to the farm today. Hadn't been there for a week.
Cranked the tractor and after 10 seconds I had smoke and in another 10 seconds or less it fired.
Ran tractor at about 3/4 throttle for 5 min. Shut it down. I swear I could hear it sucking air just a bit. Tried to restart is and it would not start at all.
The fuel lines run right from the tank to the filter to the cylinders. I am suspicious of the filter or hand pump seals leaking.
Thoughts?