Finally did something that needed doing...

/ Finally did something that needed doing... #1  

kebo

Elite Member
Tractor
2001 John Deere 790 4x4, bar tires
for about 3 or 4 years. I've been threatening to wash my tractor for a long time (years!), but just never made the time to do it. I had a 4 day weekend for July the 4th, so today I made the time to wash it. First two pic's are with the loader and the chain bucket removed. The chain saw carrier is bolted on, so it stays on all the time.

DSC02315.JPG DSC02316.JPG

The next two pic's are after the wash job. BIG difference! :thumbsup:

DSC02319.JPGDSC02318.JPG

All back together :D

DSC02322.JPG

Attachments

• DSC02321.JPG
    DSC02321.JPG
    612.8 KB · Views: 240
   / Finally did something that needed doing... #2  
Why's the ammo can padded on top?

/ Finally did something that needed doing...
Why's the ammo can padded on top?

It makes a SWEET armrest! You just have to be careful on them sunny days, it will scald your arm if you have a short sleeve shirt on. :eek:

Last edited:
   / Finally did something that needed doing... #5  
It makes a SWEET armrest! You just have to be careful on them sunny days, it will scald your arm if you have a short sleeve shirt on. :eek:
Replace the black fabric with white. I have to work on roofs alot and have about got 2nd degree burns within 2min on my knees from black. The white roofs are alot cooler but really slick in winter. I mean dangerously slick

/ Finally did something that needed doing... #6  
Looks great! I thought it looked pretty good in the before pics, but then, I'm used to looking at mine.........

/ Finally did something that needed doing... #7  
Curious about the new black seat too, that thing will get hot. Tractor looks pretty good overall.:thumbsup:

/ Finally did something that needed doing...
Replace the black fabric with white. I have to work on roofs alot and have about got 2nd degree burns within 2min on my knees from black. The white roofs are alot cooler but really slick in winter. I mean dangerously slick

When I made that tool box/arm rest, I had a thread on it here and someone else suggested using white fabric too. I'm good with the black though, I've learned to throw a small hand towel over it when I'm using it on the sunny days.

jenkinsph; said:
Curious about the new black seat too, that thing will get hot. Tractor looks pretty good overall.
Actually, the black seat is the original seat. In one of the "before" pic's, you can see I have a JD black and yellow slip on seat cover on it, plus I have a nice seat cushion for even more comfort.

/ Finally did something that needed doing... #9  
Looks like a new tractor.
About once a year I get the ambition to wash mine, so far this year it has not happened.:)

/ Finally did something that needed doing... #10  
Looks good. However, my tractor never looks as clean as your first pics, even after I wash it. Maybe a little soap and a scrub brush might help but its so much easier with just the nozzle on the garden hose. Besides, it just gets covered with dust within 24 hours the way the wind blows around here and with all the exposed volcanic ash.

I DO wipe the dust off the seat and bird poop off the steering wheel before I use it, though. Does that count?