Rear turf tires, is there a down side to running front ag tires on a 4x4

/ Rear turf tires, is there a down side to running front ag tires on a 4x4 #1  

case310350

Bronze Member
I need new front tractor tires, I have turf tires on the rear. I was thinking about putting on ag tires for the front for better traction in the winter. Don't see ant down side

/ Rear turf tires, is there a down side to running front ag tires on a 4x4 #2  
Ag tires will require different wheels in most cases. You can have both!

2wd or 4 wd?

Last edited:
   / Rear turf tires, is there a down side to running front ag tires on a 4x4 #3  
For 4-WD to operate correctly the diameter of front/rears most be proportional. You can't have turf rears and ag fronts.

/ Rear turf tires, is there a down side to running front ag tires on a 4x4 #4  
For 4-WD to operate correctly the diameter of front/rears most be proportional. You can't have turf rears and ag fronts.

If he can find an Ag tire with the same rolling circumference as the correct turf tires it would work just fine. Whether anybody offers that size Ag tire is another matter, but it's possible.

/ Rear turf tires, is there a down side to running front ag tires on a 4x4 #5  
I wouldn't do it. Your traction gain will be marginal, and it will tear up the yard much worse.

/ Rear turf tires, is there a down side to running front ag tires on a 4x4 #6  
If 4wd does not improve traction why are they sold ?

/ Rear turf tires, is there a down side to running front ag tires on a 4x4 #7  
   / Rear turf tires, is there a down side to running front ag tires on a 4x4 #8  
Chances are turf's will give better traction in the winter on packed or icy conditions.

/ Rear turf tires, is there a down side to running front ag tires on a 4x4 #10