Backhoe Getting on a backhoe

/ Getting on a backhoe #1  

kiwiguy

Tractor
Cub Cadet 3205
Hi,

I'm looking at getting a Kubota BX25, but I have a physical impairment that makes it difficult to climb steps. I can get on the BX fine by standing on the mower deck, but I can't get on the backhoe as is (which I really want!).

I have 2 main ideas. One is to make the seat lift and rotate while still sitting on it. This would need an actuator of some sort.

The other is to use a winch attached to the ROPS and a full body harness to help pull myself up. I may also need to mount some additional steps on the BH stabilizing arms. In theory you could use the hydraulics in some way, but it needs to be safe.

Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with adapting a tractor in such a way?

Thanks,
Kiwiguy

/ Getting on a backhoe #2  
I have a bx 24 , I dont have any impairments , and getting on the backhoe is tight . I have caught my feet on the fenders many times . The seat turning around is a bit of a pain .

/ Getting on a backhoe #3  
Could you use one of the stabilizers?

I'm thinking of a pivoting platform attached to the stabilizer with linkages to keep it level. With the stabilizer down the platform could be close to the ground. Then as you lift the stabilizer the platform could raise until level with the operator's platform. Easy right? Lol. :laughing:

/ Getting on a backhoe #4  
Take your tractor to a good machine shop and describe your situation. I believe Paul Short (4shorts) has done such adaptations. He no longer posts, but I seem to remember him doing such things on motorcycles and such.

I used an idea by Waxman to add a step to my L5740 to help get into the cab.

Depending on how much you are willing to spend, there are other options: Multi-Lift Disability Handicap Lift On Farm Tractor - YouTube