Kubota L3200 and RPMs

/ Kubota L3200 and RPMs #1  

Chain Bender

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3200
Rarely to I run my L3200 over 2500 rpms. Tac goes to 3200. If I am pulling a load or bush hogging how many rpms will this little tractor run with out damage?

tks,
CB

/ Kubota L3200 and RPMs #2  
The tachometer should be marked in engine RPM and PTO RPM. 540 PTO RPM is generally the manufacturer's "target" for most efficient operation and also the RPM at which the implement designed to. Typically the tachometer is also marked for 10% over 540. A good WAG would be 2700 Engine to be close to your 540 PTO if 3200 is your top governed speed.

prs

/ Kubota L3200 and RPMs #3  
I can mine get to almost 3,000 rpm going downhill. Really the govonor wont let you over rev the engine unless something is messed up. It won't go over 2,700 or so normally.

/ Kubota L3200 and RPMs
Pto 540 is 2400 rpms. Just asking if I can run this engine at 2900-3000 rpms for extended periods without damage to the engine.

/ Kubota L3200 and RPMs #5  
I run mine at whatever feels comfortable and works well. While mowing that means anywhere between 1700 and 2400, depending on the grass. There are differences in cutting tall vs shorter grass and seasonal changes in the grass that make certain RPM ranges work better than others. When using the loader there's no reason to have the engine screaming when doing finer work. When scooping from a pile of material, it needs to be run at a higher RPM. When I'm on the road, the wick is turned all the way up.

/ Kubota L3200 and RPMs #6  
Your not going to hurt the engine running it at WOT while running a rotary cutter.

/ Kubota L3200 and RPMs
Ok. I hope u are saying that from experience over a long time or you are a kabota mechanic. WOT is about 3200-3300. I don't know if my heart would let me punish this little engine like that for very long. Thanks.

/ Kubota L3200 and RPMs #8  
I would not run it over 3000 rpm for extended periods of time. I have run mine pretty close to WOT BUT only when the cutter is bogging down so the "net" rpm is 26-2700. When I get to the top of the hill, I move the throttle to slow down the RPM since I don't need the extra power at the top or going back down hill.

/ Kubota L3200 and RPMs #9  
My old L3400 had 900hrs on it when I got rid of it. Bout 600 of that was bushhogging at WOT.

As others said, the tractor ahs a governor. Its not like a car. The tractor wont let you over-rev it. Just like a lawnmower, push mower, etc.

If you are doing something that requires the most power or speed.....WOT is where its at. Just pilfering around moving stuff with the FEL or grading or something like that.... not really a need to be at WOT.

/ Kubota L3200 and RPMs #10  
Pto 540 is 2400 rpms. Just asking if I can run this engine at 2900-3000 rpms for extended periods without damage to the engine.

When mowing the radiator's air access can gradually be reduced due to dirt and grass accumulation.

Keep a close eye on the temperature gauge, especially if it is a hot July afternoon.