Cat 1 to Cat 2 Top Link

/ Cat 1 to Cat 2 Top Link #1  

lilyperch

Bronze Member
Tractor
2016 Kioti NX4510 HST Cab Backhoe
Anyone using a cat 1 to cat top link?
I can find adapters but I am looking for a top link that is cat 1 at tractor and cat 2 at implement.
Thank you.

/ Cat 1 to Cat 2 Top Link #2  
The stock Kubota top link on the m 40 series fits this description. I use a hydraulic top link with an adapter to cat one on the tractor side.

/ Cat 1 to Cat 2 Top Link #3  
Anyone using a cat 1 to cat top link?
I can find adapters but I am looking for a top link that is cat 1 at tractor and cat 2 at implement.
Thank you.

Hydraulic or manual adjust? Hydraulic, probably not available other than from me. Manual, look here for an after market cat 1-2 top link.

/ Cat 1 to Cat 2 Top Link #4  
The factory NX5510 and 6010 are cat1 to cat2.

/ Cat 1 to Cat 2 Top Link #5  
Farm stores around here have them hanging on the rack with all the other size aftermarket top links.

Here's one:

Top Link 16 Long Cat 1& 2

Bruce

/ Cat 1 to Cat 2 Top Link #6  
My MX 5100 is cat I at the tractor side.

My implements are all over the place. My woods DS96 mower has Cat II lowers, but a Cat I upper pin hole. My rear blade was all Cat II, but I had converted to cat I when I had the L3400. My bushhog 306 was cat II lowers that I put cat I pins in, also a cat I toplink.

When building my toplink cylinder, I was gonna do a cat I eye for tractor side and cat II for implement end. But in the end I opted to go with both ends having cat II, even though I could have gotten by with a cat I on the tractor end. I appreciate the extra strength and meat and more weld surface of the cat II eye vs a cat I, even though I will still be using a 3/4" pin. A 3/4" x 1" bushing for that eye is no big deal, once on the tractor side, it will rarely be removed. And I'd rather tack weld the bushing in if you didnt want to fumble with it as opposed to going with a smaller eye. Thus basically like having a cat I eye with the meat/strength of a cat II eye.