Liquid fertilizer

/ Liquid fertilizer #1  

mgraham112

Gold Member
Tractor
long 2460 - belarus 250 - JD 4230 - Kioti DK40SE
I have been trying to search for liquid fertilizer that I can use for my pasture and row crops and I can't find anything applicable to farming. Everything is directed towards small homeowner use. I want to try liquid vs dry, but I don't know where to turn and how much it is going to cost. I don't have a co-op close by, just tsc. Closest co-op is over an hour away. What do people use? Anybody tried diluting urea and spraying

/ Liquid fertilizer #3  
I know that some farmers here use/spread/spray 'blood & bone'. I've not used it myself but reckon that it's a value-added product from an abattoir. It's really stinks for a while (week or so) but works.

However there is a provision about nearby livestock, if I remember correctly. An equestrian centre in Werribee, Victoria couldn't 'long-term' board horses there due to the surrounding vegetable farms (who were there first) employing this fertiliser.

/ Liquid fertilizer
My TSC carriers several liquid fertilizers in 5 gal jugs.. one is 10-10-10 and 20-0-0.. its toward the back in the agriculture section of chemicals and NOT in front with the yard stuff

Search Results for fertilizer liquid at Tractor Supply Co.

now sure how well it works though.. I have wondered the same thing

Brian
That's the lawn stuff I was referring to. That cost is about $5/lb of nitrogen. That's not even realistic when it comes to spraying acres.

/ Liquid fertilizer
Do you mind if ask why liquid and not dry?
I'd prefer to spray herbicides and fertilizer at the same time if I can rather than use a dry spreader. Especially when it comes to a nitrogen application after crop emergence.

/ Liquid fertilizer #8  
We often buy bulk liquid concentrate fertilizer for use at at the orchard to use with the sprayer tank usually buy 100 gal at a time. It comes in big reinforced poly container securely mounted on a pallet. It's still quite expensive plus you have pay deposit costs and truck delivery is phenomenal. I think the last invoice was like $900 bucks delivered. We often go pick it up ourselves now we have the equipment dually dump and loader forks to unload it. Still its almost whole day's time, plus fuel costs and man hour wages to go get it and bring it back

/ Liquid fertilizer #10  
Several years ago when I worked in an adjoining county, I became involved in a liquid fertilizer project. I was responding to a complaint of excessive odor.

It was an operation to clean out the effluent lagoon servicing a potato processing plant. A floating barge with a gigantic pump sucked the sludge & liquor from the lagoon and by 6" flexible hose pumped this slurry to a tractor with a multi-head injection system.

The slurry was being injected into the ground where the farmer grew wheat. The tractor with its injection system was around two miles from the lagoon. It was an interesting operation to watch. The operation lasted three days and when completed the odor vanished.

It was something of a symbiotic operation - the lagoon was cleaned and the farmer got a field fertilized for free.