Electric Tuff Bilt Tractor

/ Electric Tuff Bilt Tractor #1  

kebo

Elite Member
Tractor
2001 John Deere 790 4x4, bar tires
According to the Tuff Bilt website, they plan to offer an electric tractor on 2017. I know the subject of electric tractors has come up before on this forum, but it looks like it will be a reality next year. Their models seems to be special purpose though, mostly for use in confined spaces. I have no intentions of buying one, but I am curious to see it though, once it comes out. I copied the info from their website below.

[h=4]Electric Tuff-bilt[/h]For our clients operating out of greenhouses or high tunnels check out our green electric tractor. This upgrade to tuff-bilt will allow for no emissions within your contained space. We have built prototypes tested and custom designed a few models already but aren't expecting to offer this option for sale till 2017. Follow us on Facebook and here for updates

/ Electric Tuff Bilt Tractor #2  
It is an open question if Tuff-bilt has viable product. Tractorbynet.com has nothing in its huge archive with Tuffbilt in a thread title, except the exploratory thread I started 3/13/2016, which has '0' replies.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...ractor-systems-grant.html?highlight=Tuff-bilt

There is some nostalgia demand for retro tractor products. But Tuff-bilt, which has been around awhile, first in Alabama, now in Nebraska, has yet to sell in assembly line volume. I go the the Sunbelt Ag Expo in Moultrie, Georgia, the largest ag show in the SE. If Tuff-bilt had product Sunbelt would be the venue to display equipment and write orders, especially when Tuff-bilt was adjacent in Alabama.

A new Kubota BX1870 diesel has MSRP of $9,971 (with ROPS) versus Tuff-bilt, Kohler gas, MSRP of $12,750. I wish Tuff-bilt well but the tractor marketplace is TOUGH.

LINK: Tuff-bilt Tractors

ALLIS CHALMERS MODEL G: TractorData.com Allis Chalmers G tractor information

There are a multitude of Allis Model G videos on U-tube, including electric conversions.

Last edited:
   / Electric Tuff Bilt Tractor #3  
Just watched the youtube videos, including the old school ads. Seem neat and handy, but I cant see people actually spending that much money on it. And everything for it is proprietary. Kind of neat though.

/ Electric Tuff Bilt Tractor #4  
When owned by the man in Alabama, they had built a couple of the prototypes of the electric model, he had them at the first "G" Roundup in Gadsden,AL

/ Electric Tuff Bilt Tractor #5  
Looks good for gardening, mowing grass, but at $12,750.00 by it self, bet it wont be long before it gets to 15k so one can work in the garden with it.