Help setting up tractor for multiple attachements

/ Help setting up tractor for multiple attachements
BKBoiss. No unfortunately not. I'm going to pull it of the garage and hook it up to the electrical outlet which is next to the garage (if that makes sense) It will run outside the garage... but stay inside

I called Kubota.. they will do my PTO shaft for $10.00. I can't go wrong with that. I like window shopping there anyhow.. so its a win win.

The one I purchase was the IMD 16 KW with AVR, 3 point hitch assembly and PTO shaft.. All out the door was $1852.02 USD.

IMD 16KW PTO Generator

This is what it looks like. Same setup

IMD-PTO16onhitchISO.jpg

It already has a platform.. I just want to make it mobile. So that is why I'm adding the dollies.

/ Help setting up tractor for multiple attachements #52  
BKBoiss. No unfortunately not. I'm going to pull it of the garage and hook it up to the electrical outlet which is next to the garage (if that makes sense) It will run outside the garage... but stay inside

I called Kubota.. they will do my PTO shaft for $10.00. I can't go wrong with that. I like window shopping there anyhow.. so its a win win.

The one I purchase was the IMD 16 KW with AVR, 3 point hitch assembly and PTO shaft.. All out the door was $1852.02 USD.

IMD 16KW PTO Generator

This is what it looks like. Same setup

View attachment 477369

It already has a platform.. I just want to make it mobile. So that is why I'm adding the dollies.

What kind of outlet set up are you using?

/ Help setting up tractor for multiple attachements #53  
   / Help setting up tractor for multiple attachements #54  
So you guys are saying our little under powered tractors can still spin a PTO generator up within the limits of our PTO horse power and be functional to a degree. That is good to know! I have always wanted a PTO genset but figured I would be wasting my money unless I had a bigger tractor.

Mind telling us where you bought yours and how much you paid for it?

So did I until threads on TBN convinced me otherwise. Seems logical; less engines to maintain, and it seem like it should be cheaper to buy (but as far as I can tell its actually not) but it's not a clear-cut advantage.

Why are PTO generators so ridiculously expensive anyway?

Up here *canada* I just received a post on kijji that has 25KW PTO gen set with trailer for 1544.04 US. Very good brand too.

Of course you have to have a tractor that can make that.. but I don't see 25kw gen sets for that anywhere else.

A little off topic.. but this was my reasoning for going PTO:

I may move one day and don't want to buy another.
I have a tractor (I don't buy the argument that the world ends if you have it connected to the generator because you may want it somewhere else at the same time... I can prioritize just fine)
I am not great at mechanical stuff. (no engine.. less worry.. tractor gets done as scheduled and is in regular use)
It it cheaper to purchase a larger home unit. See how much a quality 25 KW Gen set cost.

What I didn't like:
Its not automatic. You have to set it up.
You have to have fuel on hand (pre planning takes care of this as diesel is on hand for other engines)

/ Help setting up tractor for multiple attachements #56  
No one has mentioned that just having a generator means that the power likely won't fail!

After losing power too many times, sometimes for a week at a time (hurricanes, wide-spread outages) I found a new gas generator at a good price around 12 years ago (Home Depot had been cleaned out, re-ordered way too many, and was left with an over-supply) and have seldom used it over the years. Our utility has invested in serious tree trimming, largely avoiding outages. The occasional car into a pole still happens, but those are mostly fixed before I need to drag out the generator.

I drain the fuel, so running it once a year with a load hooked up seems adequate. At least I hope so. A friend on Maryland's Eastern shore got a heavy surplus PTO generator (the chicken houses over there MUST have backup power, so there were/are PTO generators galore, and they get updated as needed) but he hasn't needed it. Just as well, since he now lacks the power needed to really drive it: 40+ PTO HP.

Jenkinsph... I'm not sure on the outlet yet.... I have some ideas.. but I need to check first.

I looked at generlnk.. but I was informed by the company that they only go to 10KW.
I would personally (from what I have looked into....) like to go with an interlock device. That seems like the most economical approach.
However.. I may have to go the expensive way and get another panel :( if the rules state.
P.S the dryer plug is out lol

I called the power company. They said they don't care on their end. As long as the electrician complies with the rules and it is inspected. They will do a disconnect / reconnect all in one day at no cost.

This is in Ontario, Canada.

If there are any other options... lets hear them :)

/ Help setting up tractor for multiple attachements #58  
As long as you connect "to code" you should be fine.:thumbsup: