Help setting up tractor for multiple attachements

/ Help setting up tractor for multiple attachements #1  

gogojuice

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota
Hoping someone can provide some options here.

I have a Kubota BX2670.

I have a rear blade RB05 and have just purchased a PTO generator with a three point hitch.

In the winter I will leave the blade on... but if power goes out.... I would like to be able to change it over to the generator.

What would my options be and what would you recommend?

Thanks

/ Help setting up tractor for multiple attachements #2  
Extendable end links are the best thing since sliced bread.

/ Help setting up tractor for multiple attachements #3  
Pretty simple to swap one implement for another with a three point hitch, that's what it's designed for. Biggest headache I have is attaching the PTO shaft to the tractor, small space and sometimes awkward pulls and push coupler design.

/ Help setting up tractor for multiple attachements
The blade is a bit heavy to move around for the wife.. I'm trying to figure out if there is an easier system to use, but wasn't sure.

/ Help setting up tractor for multiple attachements #5  
You sound like a good candidate for a quick hitch. There are countless threads on the subject.

/ Help setting up tractor for multiple attachements #7  
There are numerous threads from members who have built dollies to facilitate attaching/removing 3PH implements.
Steve

I tried some, but they didn't help much, if any.

gravel.JPG

Bruce

/ Help setting up tractor for multiple attachements #9  
Quick Hitch will help. If you store implements on a hard floor, a castored dolly for each implement will help.

HOWEVER, attaching the PTO shaft is usually harder than mounting the implement on the Three Point Hitch and the Quick Hitch will not help. Having an implement on a castored dolly may help some, attaching the PTO shaft.

Check that friction between the inner/outer PTO safety shrouds is not a problem, inhibiting lengthening of the PTO shaft. If it is, shorten the inner shroud with a hacksaw, then lube inner shroud with spray silicone or spray Eureka Fluid Film, where inner and outer shrouds overlap.

Good luck.

Last edited: