82 inch tiller..32 pto hp

/ 82 inch tiller..32 pto hp #1  

screamin400

Platinum Member
Tractor
2016 Mahindra 2538, 2016 Mahindra 2655, 2017 CaseIH 75C, 2021 CaseIH 110c., 2020 Kubota svl 65-2, 2022 Kubota svl 75-2
This Sat. there is an auction with two new 82 inch gear drive tillers. Cannot tell the brand but look orange. That is all I know. I think 82 inch is too big for my 2538 so at this point I see no need for me to go to the auction. What do you guys think?

/ 82 inch tiller..32 pto hp #2  
If you have HST tractor transmission, and if you think your Three Point Hitch has the capacity to lift the tiller weight, it will probably work but you will have to progress slowly. (An 84" tiller likely has Category II Three Point Hitch setup.)

If your tractor is clutch and gear, forget it.

I would research roto-tillers at Land Pride and King Kutter web sites, then compare their recommendations to your PTO horsepower.

/ 82 inch tiller..32 pto hp #3  
If you have HST tractor transmission, and if you think your Three Point Hitch has the capacity to lift the tiller weight, it will probably work but you will have to progress slowly. (An 84" tiller likely has Category II Three Point Hitch setup.)

If your tractor is clutch and gear, forget it.
Why ??
I run a 72" tiller on my 28 PTO HP gear drive tractor with no problem.
32 PTO HP might be fine with an 84".

/ 82 inch tiller..32 pto hp
All manufactures recommend more power than I have. I hate to go watch something sell that I cannot run and I do not want to purchase something I cannot run. Wish I knew what brand it is to tell if it even is a brand I want.

/ 82 inch tiller..32 pto hp #5  
I agree with Jeff.

You never said if you have gear or HST?

Tractor is hst. I measured my new trailer and between the rails is 81.5 inches.

King Kutter says 50 min for 7"

/ 82 inch tiller..32 pto hp #8  
On my other tractor which was 32 hp engine I ran a 7 foot tiller many time. It worked fine in sand soil and in clay you had to go really slow. This tractor was a gear drive

It is a tmg rt82 tiller.

/ 82 inch tiller..32 pto hp #10  
I have a 54" tiller. With 29pto hp of my old l3400, first gear was 0.9mpg....pretty slow. And at full depth....you certainly knew it was back there. I would not have wanted more than 60" in a gear drive tractor for that HP. And possibly 72" max for a HST