3-Point Hitch MF 245 Lift Levers

/ MF 245 Lift Levers #1  

taylorsrus

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 245
Can someone tell me the difference between the two lift levers on the MF 245 (or I suppose on any similar models)? Someone once told me, that the lever on the left (next to the seat) is mainly used for attachments that ride above the ground and the lever on the right (next to the fender) is used for attachments that dig into the ground. Could I get examples of the types of attachments that each lever would use? Thank you!

/ MF 245 Lift Levers #2  
That second lever is Draft Control. It is used in conjunction with the 1st lever when you want to maintain a relatively constant pull force on a ground engaging implement. As the implement encounters a greater resistance it reacts by pushing on the toplink. Draft control senses this and will signal the system to lift the implement slightly - or to lower it if resistance decreases from the setting you have chosen. A plow, ripper, or back grader blade would benefit from this servo action.

When you are just wanting to hold a specific level/height the draft control is pushed all the way forward to inactivate it and only the 1st lever is used.

Last edited: