Oil pressure light came on brand new Mahindra 2538

/ Oil pressure light came on brand new Mahindra 2538 #1  

jrnyfan

Tractor
2016 Mahindra 2538
I just bought my first tractor. I have 4 hours on it and today the oil pressure light came on. I checked the manual and it says to contact a professional. Unfortunately it is Labor Day weekend. I was moving it to my trailer and forward stopped working. I turned it off and then started again. Forward worked again. It is parked until I can reach my dealer on Tuesday. Has anyone ever heard of this?

/ Oil pressure light came on brand new Mahindra 2538 #2  
Did you check the oil????? Or all fluids in a new machine......

/ Oil pressure light came on brand new Mahindra 2538 #3  
Never heard of it, or experienced on mine. Computer bug it seems? Sounds like it had the right fail safe in case there was a problem. I have heard of a handful of the 35 and 25 series machines needing a quick reflash of the ECU to correct a sporadic bug in the software, but a restart or battery disconnect and reconnect often was the only required fix on these new machines. I would fire it up and test it for a little bit to see if you can duplicate it. If all is fine and fluids/functions are correct then a reset of the computer may have done the trick. Still would call dealer on Tuesday, but if all was fine after the restart, I think you should rock and roll!

Dealers and service guys on here might have better info.

I had a cherry '96 Lincoln Mark VIII that was flawless, save for one time outside a restaurant in 1998 after I started it up, every light on the dash started flashing at the same time when I tried to put it in gear. I turned off ignition and grumbled. Waited 10 seconds and tried again. All was fine and it never did it again... I think '96 was the first year of OBDII.

I chalk it all up to skynet having a few false starts before the great invasion and takeover begins. ;)

/ Oil pressure light came on brand new Mahindra 2538 #4  
I haven't heard of that problem but there is no way I would even attempt to start it up again if I was you. It is under warranty, let the dealer put everything right.

/ Oil pressure light came on brand new Mahindra 2538 #5  
I haven't heard of that problem but there is no way I would even attempt to start it up again if I was you. It is under warranty, let the dealer put everything right.

Would agree if the problem did not go away initially, but he already restarted it once an it exhibited no continued problem... Perhaps a glitch?

The way I look at it is that if I returned my phone or computer to the store every time a simple reboot fixed things I would never get anything done. :laughing: It seems we are seeing some of the major brands with new Tier IV final ECUs and gadgetry having an early bug or two that gets worked out with a quick reboot.

BUT - if the indicator came on again I would get it on the trailer and back to the shop ASAP. Your mileage may vary, and please consult with an real expert before taking some random internet advice like mine. I am giving nothing more than free advice, and that may be a generous valuation...

"Caution" vote goes to Quebecguy who has wisdom. I can fully respect his position.

"Git 'r done on a long weekend when I have time to tractor" vote goes to the restart, and try to replicate problem manually per my idea. - Then swing by shop later to have them pull the code and see what happened as it should be stored in memory I think.

/ Oil pressure light came on brand new Mahindra 2538
Thanks everyone for your feedback. I called the dealer and they believe it came on due to an update that needs to be done. The mechanic is coming out to put the computer on my tractor Friday, to see what needs to be done.

/ Oil pressure light came on brand new Mahindra 2538 #7  
Thanks everyone for your feedback. I called the dealer and they believe it came on due to an update that needs to be done. The mechanic is coming out to put the computer on my tractor Friday, to see what needs to be done.

The so called computer is likely just a common OBDII code scanner. I suggest everyone buy one for all there stuff, cars, trucks, tractors etc. If it's a newer machine with a computer under the hood that is.

/ Oil pressure light came on brand new Mahindra 2538 #8  
So, what's the end of this story? Did the dealer come out and diagnose the issue?