What a nightmare, please read.

/ What a nightmare, please read. #1  

IH782

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota 2650 Kubota B7800, Kubota L3901, Mahindra 2538, Mahindra 2555
Three months ago we bought a new Mahindra 2538. We use our machines commercially to landscape and have always used Kubota but decided to buy a Mahindra because of the positive reviews and no DPF. All in all it's a very well set up machine. It has good power and is very nimble. The fit and finish is very nice. And not having a DPF is a lifesaver in a commercial application.

BUT, at 81 hrs the hydrostatic unit developed a leak at the input shaft. As of 9/3/16, 24 days since they diagnosed it, the tractor is still split in 2 at the dealer. Mahindra does not stock any pumps in North America, as our unit was the "first to fail" in the 25 series.

We were told the pump had to come from Asia and would be 30-40 days by air and 90-120 by boat!?!? Worst yet is Mahindras customer service is HORRIBLE. We still can't get a tracking number for the pump. It takes 4-6 calls and a full week for anyone to return calls and every time we finally get someone we are given the run around and a promised to be called back, never happens.

Before the leak we pulled out 2 pieces of metal slag that got stuck in the quick connects on the rear remotes. At the 50 hr service the suction filter was PACKED with metal. I have asked numerous time to see the inside of the pump and Mahindra will not let the dealer open it up so we can see if metal has gone through it. Mahindra say flush it and it will be fine. If metal made it to the rear remotes, it went through the pumps, and I just happened to catch those pieces at the right time. Who knows what has been going through it.

Our dealer is doing the best they can, but are getting very little help from Mahindra. They just keep telling us the service reps are overloaded with work.

So as of right now I can't say much for Mahindra.

I will be updating this thread as everything progresses.

*Miss spelled Kubota

Last edited:
   / What a nightmare, please read. #2  
Not doubting what you have posted BUT,your signature states you joined this site Oct 2015 and this is your first post?Kind of weird.

/ What a nightmare, please read.
I have noticed on this forum that if you post something like I have, and it's your first post or so, you are automatically called out. I registered almost a year ago. I run a small business and don't have time to sit and talk about tractors. I come to these forums to search for questions I have.

/ What a nightmare, please read. #4  
Not calling anyone out.You might have better luck with your problem in the mahindra section of this site.As far as you loving your Kubotas I have had a few issues with there products also.None are perfect.

We were told it was coming by air, but for all I know the order is sitting on some parts guys desk. Without a tracking #, who knows.

/ What a nightmare, please read. #7  
I have noticed on this forum that if you post something like I have, and it's your first post or so, you are automatically called out. I registered almost a year ago. I run a small business and don't have time to sit and talk about tractors. I come to these forums to search for questions I have.

Sometimes posters join TBN just to get their pound of flesh from a business dispute. Most of those threads get moved out very fast, as its a one-sided dealer dispute that can (and has) landed people in legal hot water.

Sometimes posters join TBN just to get their pound of flesh from a business dispute. Most of those threads get moved out very fast, as its a one-sided dealer dispute that can (and has) landed people in legal hot water.

I am trying to let people know my story and hopefully get some advice.

I will keep this post updated as the story unfolds.