B2650 MMM Question

/ B2650 MMM Question #1  

Milo

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 3520, Ferris Z2100, Kawasaki Mule Pro MX, Honda Pioneer 520
Does anyone have a 2650 with the 72" deck that can comment on how easy or difficult it is to put on and off? If it is a drive over that would at least save having to push the thing under from the side but looking on Kubota's site I'm not sure it is? I've been so darn happy with my Kubota I hate to think about getting anything else but to be honest I'd never seen how easy some of John Deere's mower decks are to put on until I watched this video on their new 2032 about 1:20 seconds in. 217 John Deere 232R & 238R Compact Tractors - Washington Tractor - YouTube

/ B2650 MMM Question #2  
I have the 72 inch deck on a 2650HSTC. Mowed for an hour today. Sharpened the blades, they were not very sharp from the factory. While I recently built a dolly for the MMM, haven't tried to remove it yet and won't until end of season prior to preparing the tractor for snow. But it looks straight forward from the manual since it is drive over. It is a beefy deck and mows really well. I have turf tires, not loaded, and always mow with loader off.

/ B2650 MMM Question
Thanks Huskerfan, curious how you sharpened the blades with the deck on? Is the deck suspended or ground contact?

/ B2650 MMM Question #4  
The 72 inch deck is ground contact. If you lift it to the max height, and close the valve, it's possible to reach under the deck to loosen and remove the two outer blades. Once the right or discharge side blade is removed, there is enough ciearance to crawl under the deck and remove the center blade. I used a c-clamp to block the blade, breaker bar and a ratchet on a 30 mm socket to loosen the bolts, not enough clearance for an air impact wrench. Reverse the process once the blades are sharpened, installing the center blade first.

/ B2650 MMM Question
Thanks, it's nice to hear it raises up pretty high.