Would you be worried about 1700 maintained hours on a Kubota BX?

/ Would you be worried about 1700 maintained hours on a Kubota BX? #1  

ShowroomShine

Gold Member
Tractor
2019 Case IH 55A
Guy local has a BX 2200 with 1700hrs for sale with loader mower and attachments for a very good price. Pictures look great. Only problem is that it's 1700hrs. He explains that he's owner it since new and has performed all scheduled maintenance according to manual, even points out what will be due at 1800hrs.

Would you be turned off by this many hours or would that fact that it was well maintained work for you?

/ Would you be worried about 1700 maintained hours on a Kubota BX? #2  
I wouldn't worry abut that. It is just broken in. If he shirked maintenance then it would be bad but the hours should be fine.

/ Would you be worried about 1700 maintained hours on a Kubota BX? #3  
That is not a lot of hours in my opinion, especially if it was maintained well. Just for a rough estimate, lets assume that the tractor is a 2000 model year, that would be little more than 100 hours a year, or less than 2 hours per week.

If the price is right and looks like it has been maintained then I would have no problem making the purchase.

/ Would you be worried about 1700 maintained hours on a Kubota BX? #4  
Take it through its paces...

/ Would you be worried about 1700 maintained hours on a Kubota BX? #5  
If it had 5000 hours I would worry, but not 1700. My 2030 had 3000 and my 6415 had 2550 hours when I bought them.

/ Would you be worried about 1700 maintained hours on a Kubota BX? #6  
How much is he asking for it, also how much is a new one with the same equipment?

If it's been well taken care of it has a lot of life left.

/ Would you be worried about 1700 maintained hours on a Kubota BX? #7  
I wouldn't worry about the hours. Check to see if it has the upgraded seat and if any hydraulic lines have been replaced, not uncommon on this model of that age. Check the boots and HST fan, they can be easily fixed just factor into your purchase price.

I'm still using my 2003 BX2200 regularly and will be for a long time to come.

/ Would you be worried about 1700 maintained hours on a Kubota BX? #8  
I wouldn't hesitate if the price was right.

/ Would you be worried about 1700 maintained hours on a Kubota BX? #10  
that's about equivalent to 65,000 miles on a car. Would that stop you from driving a well maintained car?