Please read before asking for help with your equipment problem - beneficial to all

/ Please read before asking for help with your equipment problem - beneficial to all #1  

SJay

Gold Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT225 Tractor, John Deere 4x2 Gator, Husqvarna Zero Turn, John Deere Buck 650 ATV
Sorry if this has been covered in the past.

I am amazed at the help so many people are willing to offer others - THANKS:thumbsup:. Here comes the BUT....... Many time I have read a post where someone is asking for help to fix or diagnosis a problem with their tractor or other type of equipment, advice is offered, suggestion for the repair, where to get parts -- you get the picture -- then complete radio silence:confused: from the OP. Guys and gals, if you find a solution to your equipment problem let us know, it is a help to everyone on the forum:cool2:

Can I get an "AMEN"

Last edited:
   / Please read before asking for help with your equipment problem - beneficial to all #2  
Amen!

/ Please read before asking for help with your equipment problem - beneficial to all #3  
Oh, well... it happens.

I mostly look at the situation as, once the OP has posed a question/situation, the thread isn't really his/hers anymore. Knowledge/opinion is simply offered; for all.

Still, it is nice and helpful to have feedback on what worked.

/ Please read before asking for help with your equipment problem - beneficial to all #4  
I feel that if a person opened a thread asking for help, they should close out the comments with some kind of response. Common courtesy.

/ Please read before asking for help with your equipment problem - beneficial to all #5  
Also don't post: I have the same (fill in the blank), but I have a different problem blah, blah, blah.................START A NEW THREAD/TOPIC!

/ Please read before asking for help with your equipment problem - beneficial to all #6  
AND, please properly identify your tractor,
ie, My Ford 1920 delux Civic II vs 'my 5640'

Stop and reflect, only a die hard brand loyal guy will know what a '5640' is while in many cases generic diagnosis is all that is needed but clearly defining the brand, model and vintage can bring about specific cures unique to that model.

Diagnosing a manual transmission is very much different than a hydro-static!
Not all tractors are diesel, there are also gassers and even a few propane powered ones.

/ Please read before asking for help with your equipment problem - beneficial to all #7  
Amen.

I do try as best I can to do just that. I'm getting better at it too. But,...I am human and I do get busy and forget sometimes. But this point should be a sticky at the top to remind us to come back and let the fix be known.

/ Please read before asking for help with your equipment problem - beneficial to all #8  
Welcome to the WWW !

/ Please read before asking for help with your equipment problem - beneficial to all #9  
AMEN!!!

/ Please read before asking for help with your equipment problem - beneficial to all #10  
A lesson learned long ago...

You can't change other people with your expectations.

And aren't you happy other people can't change you.
I would prefer to hear back on the outcome, It would make all the "help" threads instructional. But I certainly do not want the questions to go unasked because someone read that YOUR expectation was to include a follow up.