1025R Steering worn out

/ 1025R Steering worn out #1  

Ralyjohn

Tractor
2017 Kubota BX23s
Tilt steering worn out at 260 +/- Hrs.:thumbdown: Steering developed 2" of free play and tilt setup was all loose. Dealer is repairing it under the extended warranty to 36 months. :) They have had it for a week to do repair.:(

Anyone else having the same problem? They use a ball and socket setup for the steering shaft joint instead of a universal joint, just cheap design.

If it wears out again I am going to take out the tilt and make it like the "E" model with no tilt, takes one bracket, steering shaft and some washers and bearing and snap ring. Check out the parts pictures available from JD online. If the steering didn't take so many turns lock to lock it would not wear as much, I use a spinner knob on the wheel.

I hope someone from Deere sees this so they will make a better product, just "cause it's green doesn't make it quality.:thumbdown:

/ 1025R Steering worn out #2  
And I was thinking the BX should come up with a similar system. Again, features are great, until they wear out or cause problems.

Glad your dealer is standing behind the product. Any other issues? I've always thought highly of the JD 1-series.

/ 1025R Steering worn out
I had a BX24TLB and traded it for the Deere, sorry I did, just not the same quality. Mahindra has tilt also and there is no slop in the steering wheel, the 1025 has some slop right from new in the wheel.

I got a quote to trade for a Kubota again and in 3 years I have lost more than 50% value for trade.

The Kubota was much easier to service the trans also, Deere has frame work in way of the pickup screen in the trans that you have to clean, and the front PTO shaft is in the way of changing the screw on filter, on Kubota it's out in the open.

I'm sure if Kubota added tilt steering to the wheel it would be engineered properly.