what do these levers do?

/ what do these levers do? #1  
Tractor
Mitsubishi FD2050
Ok, so these must be the stupidest questions on this forum, but I can't find the manual for my Mitsubishi online and I'm a bit worried about fiddling with stuff I don't understand and breaking my tractor within a month of owning it.

tractorleft.jpgtractor right.jpg

Can you have a look at the images and let me know what they do? On the left hand side of the seat, I'm sure one to change from 2wd to 4wd, but I'm not sure what the other does.

On the right hand side, I'm not sure if this is hand operated or foot operated, however it's operated, I don't know what it does.

Does anyone know where I can get own manuals for Mitsubishi tractors...I've seen a photocopied version on ebay for $80 which is a bit steep!

thanks for your help.

pete

{edited for poor spelling}

/ what do these levers do? #2  
Re: what do these tevers do?

The lever on the right side is the differential lock lever, it is foot operated.

As for the long lever on the left, I am not sure what it is, I cannot read what it says on the fender by the lever, Could this be a high low range lever?

/ what do these levers do?

ok...thanks for that, I'm going to leave that one alone. The other side does have a 2wd/4wd sticker on, and I think that must be the smaller lever, but what does the long one do?

/ what do these levers do? #4  

ok...thanks for that, I'm going to leave that one alone. The other side does have a 2wd/4wd sticker on, and I think that must be the smaller lever, but what does the long one do?

What does the sticker on the fender say? It is in the photo, but I cannot read it. Take a photo of the sticker on the fender please.

There is nothing wrong with using the differential lock when you need it. Do you understand its function?

yeah, I've used the diff lock on my 4x4 when I lived in Scotland for getting up hills in the snow, it makes the rear will rotate at the same rate...but now I'm near Houston and I probably won't see either hills or snow...I'll post another photo tomorrow.

/ what do these levers do? #6  
Thinking it is "range" lever also - if you can get a better view of what is on that fender we maybe able to tell.

/ what do these levers do? #7  
Kubota must be different my long lever on the left is for 4 wheel. Short lever is for high low. Down is the high range. Make sure you use the diff/lock when you are sitting still. Stomping on it when wheels are spinning results in expensive damage. Try shifting into 4 wheel drive when your on grass. High/low will not hurt anything either. Go ahead and figure your tractor out. Enjoy your new toy.

/ what do these levers do? #8  
The long lever on the left is for selecting one of three ranges, all the way back is high range, all the way forward is low range and naturally, medium is in the middle. The one down low is for front wheel drive. Forward engages the front wheels.

The one on the left down by the floorboard is your differential lock.

/ what do these levers do? #9  
The long lever on the left is for selecting one of three ranges, all the way back is high range, all the way forward is low range and naturally, medium is in the middle. The one down low is for front wheel drive. Forward engages the front wheels.

The one on the left down by the floorboard is your differential lock.

Thanks Gunny, that is what I figured, but wasn't sure.

yes, the sticker does say high medium and low...but what does that mean? Is it to do with speed when I'm using the brush hog?
thanks for all your help...you do realise that as you answer my newbie questions, i'll just be coming back with more!