Senior Moment

/ Senior Moment #21  
OK, so I'm going to implicate a good friend of mine here... She recently locked herself out of her house; AND, locked herself IN her backyard! Her husband was away hunting so no help there. She ended up calling 911! I've yet to talk to her in person to hear the story, but I'm sure that it'll be a real gut-buster (she's good humored).

/ Senior Moment #22  
OK, so I'm going to implicate a good friend of mine here... She recently locked herself out of her house; AND, locked herself IN her backyard! Her husband was away hunting so no help there. She ended up calling 911! I've yet to talk to her in person to hear the story, but I'm sure that it'll be a real gut-buster (she's good humored).

Got a call from a good friend of mine. Her car died coming through an intersection on a major highway and had a dead battery. She was having a major panic attack because she was "Locked Inside" her car :rolleyes:. Took me a minute to get her to calm down enough to explain that she just needed to manually move the lock on the door :):D:rolleyes:

Got a similar call from my 21 year old daughter :) And will neither confirm or deny a call from my wife on similar issue ;)

/ Senior Moment #23  
The other day I asked someone if they'd seen my glasses.... I was wearing them. Not on top of my head, either. Right on my nose where they're supposed to be.... ohhhh..... :cool2:

Glad to see(no pun intended) i'm not the only one:thumbsup: & have probably done all the above plus....

Ronnie

/ Senior Moment #24  
I have gotten to the point of making a list of what I need to do on an errand. If I don't write it down, I wont do it. IF I think of an additional item to do while in town, If I don't stop, take out my list and write it down, I inevitably forget to do it. Years ago in my 20-45s age, I never needed a "To Do" list. I could manage dozens of tasks and never forget to do a one of them. Man things in the old noggin have really went downhill fast in the last 26 (almost 27) years.
When working on a project away from my tools, I usually make multiple trips back to my tool box to get an item that I forgot to get the first 3-4 trips. Sometimes, I have to stop and think about what I came after when I get to my tool box. I spend lot of time looking for something that I just laid down on my work table, or did I put it someplace else. When I finally find it, THEN I remember laying it down THERE.

Another annoying thing for me is dropping items like screws and such. The older I get the more fumble fingered I get. I never fail to drop at least one screw or tool when doing a repair. Working off a ladder increases the amount of drops by a factor of 4 at least.

/ Senior Moment #25  
Oh, yeah. Been there, done that - a lot! Have a big long list on the "NOTES" app of my iphone - but then I forget to check it!

And speaking of dropping tools, try working off of a 8' x 14' floating dock section, while working on stuff inside the boathouse! I have to get my scuba gear on one of these days and go "hunting" for all the stuff we dropped over the past 5 years. (Most of it has probably sunk into the mud, never to be seen again, and the one cordless drill we dropped....)

/ Senior Moment #26  
Gary, from your comment you must be exactly the same age as me. The only thing worse than working on a ladder with fumble fingers is working around and in a dozer. Drop something like a bled screw or wrench and there is no retrieving it. Some day I will take the belly pan off. It will be like a time capsule.

gg

/ Senior Moment #28  
So my wife and I were on a ride with our local HOG chapter. We stopped and had lunch, got ready to go and my wife could not find her sunglasses. We only had about 20 miles to the hotel so we took off. When we got to the hotel parking lot she took off her helmet; low and behold the glasses were on her head. So I ask how in the world can you not feel them under the helmet?

/ Senior Moment #29  
All this is letting me know I am Normal:D.....or is it ABBYNORMAL:confused3:

I have AAADD - age activated attention deficit disorder, but I forget that I have it as I also have CRS too. CRS is cant remember stuff. Then I have Sometimers . Sometimes I remember, and sometimes I forget. Works great for me going the Sams - I just get everything that looks good, then when I get home I really get it from the Boss unit for why I did that. "I dont know" seem now to work better than it did.

My grandmother had Alzheimer at 98 (passed at 102)- she used to laugh at herself and say that every day was a new day to her meeting all the wonderful people and the good thing was she now forgets all the things she wanted to forget about anyway.

Now, thanks to Orezok I know I have "doorway syndrome"......I wonder if all this qualifies me for special disability under ***** Care....

Now what is it was I going to do today. I guess I need to find my coffee cup first. :eek::laughing:

/ Senior Moment #30  
I blame most all of my memory problems on my youth. I tested to many 9 volt batteries with my tongue. I think I fried some brain circuits. :laughing: