Bent SSQA on Kubota...

/ Bent SSQA on Kubota... #1  

IH782

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota 2650 Kubota B7800, Kubota L3901, Mahindra 2538, Mahindra 2555
Has anyone ever had a problem with bending/twisting their SSQA? Ours is bent about 1" back on the one side. I don't remember hitting anything and its always hooked to the bucket or pallet forks. I just noticed it was bent one day when I went to hook the bucket up. The machine in question is a 2016 Kubota 2650.

/ Bent SSQA on Kubota... #2  
Are you sure you didn't use it with only one side attached to the implement? That's usually how they get bent

/ Bent SSQA on Kubota... #3  
I bent the QA on my 3940 about 3" due to one side coming unlocked on the bucket. I took it to the dealer and they chained it to a post and straightened it out better than it ever was. Shop guy said the hydraulics are plenty powerful enough to bend one back (if you know what you are doing). I think they charged me about $125. I might add it came from the dealer a little bent.

/ Bent SSQA on Kubota...
Are you sure one is bent back. Could be the other one is bent forward.

The reason I say back is because the opposite cylinder is not retracted all the way.

/ Bent SSQA on Kubota...
I bent the QA on my 3940 about 3" due to one side coming unlocked on the bucket. I took it to the dealer and they chained it to a post and straightened it out better than it ever was. Shop guy said the hydraulics are plenty powerful enough to bend one back (if you know what you are doing). I think they charged me about $125. I might add it came from the dealer a little bent.

Good to know, thanks.

/ Bent SSQA on Kubota... #7  
The reason I say back is because the opposite cylinder is not retracted all the way.

If the side not fully retracted had been bent forward, it would look the same. I think. I raise the point because if you use the tractor hydraulics to fix, as many do, you want to make sure you end up with both sides in factory position to maintain proper rollback.

/ Bent SSQA on Kubota... #8  
Just wondering and I assume SSQA means front end loader but regardless do you have insurance on it? If so check on it.. I bent front end loader on mine recently removing tree off of house from Hurricane Matthew and glad had insurance on it. The dealer did not recommend trying to unbend but another said you could but with the insurance new one has been ordered.

/ Bent SSQA on Kubota...
Just wondering and I assume SSQA means front end loader but regardless do you have insurance on it? If so check on it.. I bent front end loader on mine recently removing tree off of house from Hurricane Matthew and glad had insurance on it. The dealer did not recommend trying to unbend but another said you could but with the insurance new one has been ordered.

Good point, i don't think its anything i can't fix, but I do remember the insurance I pay every month will cover things like this.