Kubota and Firewood

/ Kubota and Firewood #1  

MMfrompa

Silver Member
Tractor
3 RK's
Yesterday before the rain then snow came I cut a little firewood. I made an attempt to video my process that works for me. I like to get all the rounds to my firewood yard / work area / food plot lol. When it's dry or frozen I concentrate on getting rounds in then I can just split whenever the time allows since that work isn't really weather dependent. Don't know why but cutting wood is one of my most favorite activities. I started screwing around with I movie a few months ago mostly as a good way to organize and keep video and pictures of places we visit. This is my first attempt at a video like this.:thumbsup:
#5 Firewood - YouTube

/ Kubota and Firewood #2  
Great first time video! I'm with you, cutting wood is one of my favorite things to do as well.

/ Kubota and Firewood #3  
Firewood is a way of life. Good job producing that video. There are some nice looking woods on your place.

gg

/ Kubota and Firewood #4  
Great video. I also enjoy cutting wood. Strong winds took down a small oak on a vacant lot nearby this weekend. Great! Windfall firewood and a chance to use the saws, splitter, versa trailer, the B2650, and the pallet fork bucket. Chipper next week.

/ Kubota and Firewood #5  
Thanks for sharing video.:thumbsup:
Cutting wood does make one feel good inside,today not everyone gets chance to work w/mother earth as you and other can.

/ Kubota and Firewood
Great video. I also enjoy cutting wood. Strong winds took down a small oak on a vacant lot nearby this weekend. Great! Windfall firewood and a chance to use the saws, splitter, versa trailer, the B2650, and the pallet fork bucket. Chipper next week.

I have a trail about 1.5 miles long, almost 1/2 my firewood comes from blow downs lol. It seems every storm we have there is always a couple across or within 50' of the trail.

/ Kubota and Firewood #7  
Great sport. Careful with that saw!

/ Kubota and Firewood #8  
How bout that Fat Lighter? Love finding a big piece and then shaving it down for the slivers that light up the fireplace. Never figured out how to make a pine turn into fat lighter... any thoughts on that would be uh pre she ate it.

/ Kubota and Firewood
How bout that Fat Lighter? Love finding a big piece and then shaving it down for the slivers that light up the fireplace. Never figured out how to make a pine turn into fat lighter... any thoughts on that would be uh pre she ate it.

Whats a Fat Lighter? lol You mean that little maple blowdown thats been down a while? If so I cut that stuff up as well, usually use that kind of stuff up for summer fire ring

/ Kubota and Firewood #10  
You mean fat wood? image-3307106036.jpg My grandpa told me he used to pick up knots from fallen pine trees. He said the tree rots pretty fast, but the knots last a lot longer and he just picked them up.