Grass? Leaves?- Snow?

/ Grass? Leaves?- Snow? #11  
I've got 6 big trees and several new trees on 4 acres. I can see 2 more trees a quarter mile north and another dozen half a mile to the south. East and west there are trees a mile away each direction.

It's kind of a windy place here so the leaves disappear before I can get the rake out.

/ Grass? Leaves?- Snow?
Bigtiller, you are a lucky guy. Aside from the beauty of the trees, I'm been known to mumble something about cutting down all of them. :eek:
Forty year old Sycamores, Walnuts, Soft Maples, Red Oaks,,,,,,,,Pine cones, Pine needles, Walnuts, surface roots, leaves, storm branches, sticks, clogged gutters, Bag Worms etc.

I did cut down a 60 year old Cottonwood that was starting to get in the septic system. Really hated to do that because it was a nice shade tree out back. Rants over.???....

/ Grass? Leaves?- Snow? #13  
We are having the longest dry spell in over a hundred years. Over 50 days of no rain. Got trees dying from lack of water. Finally see some relief tonight or tomorrow.

/ Grass? Leaves?- Snow? #14  
We usually have a big wind that blows all the leaves off our property. I try to keep the grass mowed down low at the end of the season so the leaves blow off our property into the woods.

We have one tree that is dead and will have to be removed. It is a very old tree and I am sad that it is gone.

/ Grass? Leaves?- Snow? #15  
IMG_6633.JPG

HOPEFULLY, this will be the last time chopping leaves, you can still see the line on my yard and the neighbors from when I chopped my leaves last week and they didn't lol. The kicker is I still have 2 trees in the front yard that still has leaves.

/ Grass? Leaves?- Snow? #16  
Broke, how does that Husqvarna work for you? I have been looking at the "GS" and "GT" models. With or without power suction unit. I bag LOTS of leaves so I am looking at the largest bag system there is, which I believe is 9 bushels. Seems like the power suction is worth the cost for me since I have so many leaves.

I finally decided on a L6060 tractor after much hand-wringing. The mower selection at times seems even more difficult. Would appreciate any feedback on this or other models.

/ Grass? Leaves?- Snow? #17  
Broke, how does that Husqvarna work for you? I have been looking at the "GS" and "GT" models. With or without power suction unit. I bag LOTS of leaves so I am looking at the largest bag system there is, which I believe is 9 bushels. Seems like the power suction is worth the cost for me since I have so many leaves.

I finally decided on a L6060 tractor after much hand-wringing. The mower selection at times seems even more difficult. Would appreciate any feedback on this or other models.

Well I'm bias on the garden tractors, when I was in HS my divorced mother needed a lawn mower and wanted to buy new, so after lots of research I bought a ariens lawn mower for her from HD, it compared to the craftsman but a fraction of the cost.

It's been 5 or 6 seasons now and that 42in 20hp Kohler is still mowing strong, I was the primary user and used that mower to blaze and upkeep trails for the quad, used that mower like a bush hog mowing 4-5ft brush blazing new trails when I lived with her.

After looking for parts I found out that that mower was made by Husqvarna but was the same design as the old craftmans, when I was looking for a mower for my own house this past summer it just happened I found a good deal on a 25hp 54in Husqvarna with 235h on it. I have 1/2 a season under my belt on that mower but it's been a good mower. I would only prefer the foot pedals over the hand knob on the fender, not sure what it's called. But can't complain lol.

I have had a lot of luck with Husqvarna products, my mower has a 25hp B&S. I prefer the Kohler over B&S.

Only thing I have to compare it to is a 445 JD garden tractor my dad bought new in 1999 and has 1005h on it now. I have a ton of hours on that tractor, it's fantastic but was 9X what I paid for mine lol.

Mine is a GTH2454T and I have only cut leaves and grass with mine but it moves and controls is very similar to the Arians at HD.