Grammer Suspension Seats

/ Grammer Suspension Seats #1  

PLanger

Silver Member
Tractor
Utility
Noticed the cabbed 4100 series LS tractors come with Grammer suspension seats. Nice. Do all of their CUTs come with Grammer as standard equipment?

/ Grammer Suspension Seats
This probably should have been posted in the LS section - sorry - moderator, please move

/ Grammer Suspension Seats #3  
Noticed the cabbed 4100 series LS tractors come with Grammer suspension seats. Nice. Do all of their CUTs come with Grammer as standard equipment?

Air seats are an upgrade. All factories draw from the same OEMs and may or may not have a custom seat cover on an existing product.

Oddly enough, I found out way more than I ever really wanted to know about air seats while trying to get one for my lawn mower.

There are basically four turf/construction seat OEMS Grammer, Milco, Sears, and Seats Inc. Seats Inc doesn't do business with any retail or dealers, only OEMs.

/ Grammer Suspension Seats #4  
This is a current ebay listing: COMPACT AIR SPRING FOR AIR RIDE SEAT MOTORCYCLE CHOPPER MINI TRACTOR MOWER SOLO.

I bought a couple of these after market air inflated, coil spring replacements that I used on a ZT mower. Later found some soft springs that Cub Cadet uses on their mowers and installed them on the ZT instead, actually bought half a dozen sets for all of my mowers. I bought 2 because I wanted the lateral stability that 2 would provide, replacing the dual springs on the mower.

When I got the 2400 I didn't like the springs so I replaced them with the air bags. Running 5-7 psig, like riding on a cloud. They are pricy, but rugged materials and well made. What is a soft ride worth to my back??????? Priceless.

/ Grammer Suspension Seats #5  
My Grasshopper came with a Grammer seat, it's a NICE seat for sure! I'm not sure it's worth what they cost though...

SR

/ Grammer Suspension Seats #6  
My Grasshopper came with a Grammer seat, it's a NICE seat for sure! I'm not sure it's worth what they cost though...

SR

What model is it?

/ Grammer Suspension Seats #7  
What model is it?

Sorry, but I don't know the different models of Grammer seats, but here's a pict. of it,

standard.jpg

SR

/ Grammer Suspension Seats #10  
That's listed as mechanical suspension. Does that mean it's a hand pump rather than an on-board compressor? Or is it not air at all?

As I read their ads, the 6xs are mechanical suspension and the 9xs have the compressor. If you go to their www there are downloads showing dimensions and amenities. Helps explain the cost. Nice to see the Grasshopper seat. That means that at least the 6x series will fit my 24 hp tractor.