Belarus article

/ Belarus article #21  
View attachment 493414
New 2016, no loader though. Lots on the web for sale, easy to find prices on internet forums as well. I was quoted $74,000 for the same with loader from NB dealer.

Matt though this tractor is listed in US$ I think it's in Europe. Maschio agricultural operates there and often uses US$ pricing.

/ Belarus article #22  
74,000 $ Can with a loader is a fair price for USA / Canada
Thank you for the link. 28,921 Can $ (21,690 $ US) is a very suspicious price. That's bellow factory cost.
You know what they say: if it's too good to be true...

If you trust the seller, and it's not a con job, see if you can buy it.
Make sure it is a new unit .
Make sure it has correct labels on the engines for USA/Canada emissions compliance.
Check for AC availability, improved hydraulics, joystick in the cab, synchronized transmission, new electrical system, block heater and other improvements implemented on USA/Canada tractors.
Allow $$$ for shipping and customs clearance.
Make sure you have a good mechanic nearby, because USA/Canada warranty will not cover this unit.
Good luck,
Arie
I know that in the UK they are a bit higher than that from a few people I have talked to. The 952 with loader runs about $40,000 CAD there. Although I haven't driven the 952(just sat in one) I have driven quite a few Belarus's and would expect to pay not much over $50,000 for the one at the Moncton show. I have no doubt that the dealer in NB is excellent, I talked to the owner during and after the show and he seemed great. But, his dealership is 4+ hours away. Right now with my MF dealer (45min away) I have emergency service 24/7 and if they can't fix something that I need now they have a good inventory and can lend me a new unit. It wasn't just the price that kept me from buying the MTZ, it was the lack of a local dealer. I absolutely love my MF, true it has a lot more to go wrong but it is so easy to program to each job it is extremely efficient and worth the extra money. I would still consider the MTZ as a secondary tractor if the price was a bit lower. However I would want to demo one on farm first, something not possible with the dealer so far away.

/ Belarus article #23  
Matt,
All are good points.
1) I understand that you expect to pay 50,000$ Can (37,000$ US) for a 100+ hp tractor with loader. I have no idea how it works in Europe, in Canada it's simply impossible.
2) Comparison with MF5612 is apples to oranges. Belarus/ MTZ 952 list is 46,200 $US. MF5612 list is about 95,000 $US. You can essentially buy 2 of the Belarus tractors for one MF5612.
3) Over 70% of service calls on modern tractors are related to electronics, computers, sensors etc. Therefore, it makes sense that you need a dealer 45 minutes away for 24/7 emergency service. So it was the right choice for your circumstances.
Belarus tractors are purely mechanical, no computers, no complicated electronics. Factory designed them this way on purpose, because there is no 24/7 dealer support in many of the areas where Belarus tractors are sold.
Farmers buying Belarus tractors are less concerned about having 24/7 support, since it simply has 70% less service issues than most of the complicated competing brands. And when it happens, most things can be addressed on the farm with basic tools and no specialized knowledge.
4) Demo on the farm - talk to the dealer. If you'll share some transportation cost, you may reach an agreement with him.

I do not think that there is a universal answer what's best tractor. Each circumstances require different solution, and hopefully you chose what was right for you.

Happy New Year.
All very good points, something for me to consider as I will be in the market for another tractor in a year or two.
Happy New Year to you as well!