CraigsList Freightliner Unimog w/Case bucket and backhoe 4x4 diesel

/ CraigsList Freightliner Unimog w/Case bucket and backhoe 4x4 diesel #11  
They mentioned the shipping weight of 16000# I think ?

/ CraigsList Freightliner Unimog w/Case bucket and backhoe 4x4 diesel #12  
That old song with the lyrics "Give me forty acres and I'll turn this rig around" comes to mind.

I didn't see any maneuvering problems. They also got around very well. Just have to keep in mind their intent. :)

/ CraigsList Freightliner Unimog w/Case bucket and backhoe 4x4 diesel #13  
There are a ton of them for sale in TX.Excavators for sale in online auction | GovPlanet
I've always wanted a 'mog, I'd pull the hoe & loader and make one heck of a utv! If you've never seen one, enter unimog in youtube. They are an extremely capable 4 wheeler.

/ CraigsList Freightliner Unimog w/Case bucket and backhoe 4x4 diesel #14  
There are a ton of them for sale in TX.Excavators for sale in online auction | GovPlanet
I've always wanted a 'mog, I'd pull the hoe & loader and make one heck of a utv! If you've never seen one, enter unimog in youtube. They are an extremely capable 4 wheeler.

This from an off-road guy. What always impressed me were the axle design. Using 90 degree outers with ring/pinion setup they move the center section upward. Gives them tremendous ground clearance under the axles. In their stock configuration they are bound up pretty bad. But still capable. :)

/ CraigsList Freightliner Unimog w/Case bucket and backhoe 4x4 diesel #15  
That old song with the lyrics "Give me forty acres and I'll turn this rig around" comes to mind.

It looks like that, but mogs are nimble for a road-capable machine. These SEE tractors have a turning radius of about 35 feet.

/ CraigsList Freightliner Unimog w/Case bucket and backhoe 4x4 diesel #16  
I wouldn't be surprised if Xfaxman has one of these.:D

/ CraigsList Freightliner Unimog w/Case bucket and backhoe 4x4 diesel #17  
Hard to imagine there is much flex in the suspension, given there is virtually no clearance between the top of the tire and the fender. Offroading with no flex makes for a very poor performing vehicle, unless you are just driving on flat land. I guess it would work then.

/ CraigsList Freightliner Unimog w/Case bucket and backhoe 4x4 diesel #18  
Hard to imagine there is much flex in the suspension, given there is virtually no clearance between the top of the tire and the fender. Offroading with no flex makes for a very poor performing vehicle, unless you are just driving on flat land. I guess it would work then.

Of the many Unimog models, this is not the first choice for making a rock crawler. But in general mogs are hard to beat off-road.

/ CraigsList Freightliner Unimog w/Case bucket and backhoe 4x4 diesel #19  
Unimog stands for 'Universal Motor Geraet' built by Mercedes for decades.

Most common application in Germany is in municipalities as snowplows and sanders at the back and during summer as utility vehicle.
Due to its offroad capabilities, it's also used by powerline companies with any kind of attachments on the back instead of the dump box.

The only downside I know of is, no mechanic likes them. It's tight built and can be very labor intensive, if a lots of stuff needs to be removed to get to the issue.
Older versions were even available with soft tops and in minutes you had a convertible. We called them cabriolet.

/ CraigsList Freightliner Unimog w/Case bucket and backhoe 4x4 diesel #20  

If you and I add a front bucket and backhoe to our Jeeps they wouldn't flex much either. And our offroading prowess would be dramatically diminished. :)