Snow Well I finally did it !!!

/ Well I finally did it !!! #1  

Toyboy

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2230D
As careful as I am, I finally forgot to release the frikin brake before clearing my drive. Ran about an hour before I discovered it. .... da** !
I just had the tranny fluid changed this fall too. I wish Kubota would have put an idiot light on dash to let you know when the brake was on.
I didn't have it engaged too much, but even that is bad.
Pay more attention next time for sure.

/ Well I finally did it !!! #2  
Have you try brakes on slight slope to see if you still grab?

Pretty sure your not the first nor will be the last...trust me. ;)

/ Well I finally did it !!! #4  
It makes you feel stupid when you do that. How can I not feel that the brake is on I say to me. :confused3:

gg

/ Well I finally did it !!! #5  
When I lock the brake pedals when parking my tractor, I do so with more than enough force to ensure I will KNOW THE BRAKES ARE ON should I try to move it on the next startup without removing the brake. There is no way I can move and not realize I'm chained to a tree, so to speak. Can your brakes be applied with that kind of force?

/ Well I finally did it !!! #6  
When I lock the brake pedals I do so with more than enough force to ensure I will KNOW THE BRAKES ARE ON should I try to move the tractor without releasing the brake.

My methodology too.

/ Well I finally did it !!! #7  
When I lock the brake pedals when parking my tractor, I do so with more than enough force to ensure I will KNOW THE BRAKES ARE ON should I try to move it on the next startup without removing the brake. There is no way I can move and not realize I'm chained to a tree, so to speak. Can your brakes be applied with that kind of force?

Can not apply my brakes tight enough to feel like it is chained to a tree on my BX2230. Jon

/ Well I finally did it !!!
I rarely ever use the brakes. It was just that today when I pulled it out of the garage to let it warm up, it wanted to creep back towards the closed door. So I put them on enough to hold it. Dumb on my part. I should have let it go a little and see if it settled out. I will next time.

/ Well I finally did it !!! #9  
This is the biggest complaint I have about my B3030HSDC. I have done this several times over the past 4 years and always felt like an idiot. Kubota, put a frigging red idiot light on the dash whenever the brakes are locked on. You have all kinds of electronic sensors for other idiot situations, why not this simple one? Better yet, give us a retrofit kit and I'll put it on myself!