Build your perfect tractor. Here I describe mine:

/ Build your perfect tractor. Here I describe mine: #1  

Joe Malovich

Bronze Member
Tractor
Steiner 430
Rough outline:
  • 48" wide maximum - Fit in the bed of a truck in lightweight configurations/general manuverability
  • Aluminum SSQA/Loader Arm(s) - For maximum lifting capacity
  • 4x4 - hydraulic hub motors nested deep inside large offset wheels with short sidewall
  • All Wheel Steering - with the steering pivot as close to the centerline of the wheel as possible to reduce clearance requirements as much as possible
  • Square Footprint
  • Same tire size all the way around
  • Selectable steering operation - just like the Bobcat A300 (All wheel steer, front wheel steer, skid steer, and optionally spin in place)
  • Telehandler boom configuration
  • Optional rear 3-pt hitch configuration with Hydraulically driven PTO
  • Kubota 3cyl diesel
  • Side entry/exit with a low operator height
  • Mid mount PTO, maybe with option of mower deck
  • Optional active ballast weight system that is a lead plate that shifts from all the way in the front to all the way out back as needed

So essentially a mini telehandler with hybrid tractor/skid steer functionality. hopefully not a jack of many master of none.

/ Build your perfect tractor. Here I describe mine: #2  
Your chassis description prohibits MMM.

Otherwise I guess it's doable. Probably not cost effective though.

Would be considerably cheaper to build it center pivot and use an HST powertrain. But then, those are already being built aren't they?

/ Build your perfect tractor. Here I describe mine:
What part prohibits MMM? The steering? That's why I specifically put the steering axis inline with the center of the wheel so it doesn't decrease wheelbase on the inside while turning. This reduces the tipping hazard while at full lock compared to a center pivot design. Chassis to ground clearance would be tight I admit.

/ Build your perfect tractor. Here I describe mine: #4  
What part prohibits MMM? The steering? That's why I specifically put the steering axis inline with the center of the wheel so it doesn't decrease wheelbase on the inside while turning. This reduces the tipping hazard while at full lock compared to a center pivot design. Chassis to ground clearance would be tight I admit.

With 4 wheel steer and "square" design I'm afraid there won't be enough distance between front/rear tires for a deck?? Maybe if you just use a two blade, small deck that barely covers your tracks.

/ Build your perfect tractor. Here I describe mine: #5  
:laughing:All that and fit in the bed of a truck ? I would think if this was doable it would already have been done . Perfect tractors are being built , depends on how you configure them . Yep Jack of all Master of none . Kind of like a Unimog with a loader and a backhoe on it .

/ Build your perfect tractor. Here I describe mine: #7  
Going over the railroad ties was the best.

/ Build your perfect tractor. Here I describe mine: #8  
   / Build your perfect tractor. Here I describe mine: #10