Hydraulic top link issues

/ Hydraulic top link issues #1  

mgraham112

Gold Member
Tractor
long 2460 - belarus 250 - JD 4230 - Kioti DK40SE
Take a look at the attached video. My hydraulic top link is floating. Shouldn't this cylinder stay fixed, as that is the primary purpose of it...
https://youtu.be/RHpf12SP8ow /URL]

/ Hydraulic top link issues
   / Hydraulic top link issues #3  
You are right - it shouldn't do that. If you just installed it did you cycle it several times full extend to full retract with weight or opposing force on it in both directions to get all the air out. Air can be compressed and can cause that.

gg

/ Hydraulic top link issues #4  
Disconnect the hoses from the cylinder and see what it does.

/ Hydraulic top link issues #5  
You are right - it shouldn't do that. If you just installed it did you cycle it several times full extend to full retract with weight or opposing force on it in both directions to get all the air out. Air can be compressed and can cause that.

gg

Second this post. The very distant second is a problem with the valve....unlikely though based on the way it springs back. It's acting like it's compressing air and springing back.

/ Hydraulic top link issues
It must be air. . I did cycle it numerous times, but there still must be some air in there. It started raining on me, so I'll have to play with it tomorrow. I didn't think that disconnecting and reconnecting the hoses would introduce air. To be updated tomorrow.

/ Hydraulic top link issues #7  
Typically the hoses connect to the machine with QDs which shouldn't allow any air.

/ Hydraulic top link issues #8  
Curious to see what the fix is. Don't have a clue. Sorry.

/ Hydraulic top link issues #9  
The way the rod sort of "springs" out when the implement pressure is off sure makes me think it is air.

Hose connections on the side leave air in the top that can be harder to get out. I would remove the cylinder, turn it with connections up, and work it back and forth 10-20 times. Then re-install and test it again.

Bruce

/ Hydraulic top link issues #10  
Bruce, I agree. Curious to how the air is getting there? :)