SCUT vs. CUT turn radius

/ SCUT vs. CUT turn radius #11  
My 2720 (2 series) does everything my 2305 (old 1 series) could do, with one exception. I had to trim the lower branches off some of the 15 yr old trees so the 2720 could mow under them.

/ SCUT vs. CUT turn radius #12  
I was amazed at how tight the turning is on our LS. When I took one for a test drive, I got to the end of their building and swung it a little wide to see if it would turn back into the same isle. It turned back into the center of the isle. :eek: I have yet to get myself into a situation it wouldn't turn out of.

I would suggest you just go try a bunch of them. Hit the dealers up for test drives around their lots. You'll be surprised how nimble these new CUTs really are.

/ SCUT vs. CUT turn radius #13  
My B7800 will turn so sharp that it'll cut you!:D I've had it in extremely tight quarters. I have a lot of trees that I need to mow around and it just spins around them: I'll also get it tipping a bit on the root crowns such that I'm turning tighter than what one would/could do on flat ground. It's ability made me really worry about acquiring a larger tractor; I determined that my NX, while not able to turn like the B7800, still turns fairly sharp considering it's mass: when I get in to grass cutting season I'll find out for sure.

/ SCUT vs. CUT turn radius #14  
I run my L3301 in 4x4 pretty much all the time. Even with that and not using the split brakes, due to my lack of a second right leg, it turns better than my little Acura CL.

/ SCUT vs. CUT turn radius
My 2720 (2 series) does everything my 2305 (old 1 series) could do, with one exception. I had to trim the lower branches off some of the 15 yr old trees so the 2720 could mow under them.

The only 2 series I can afford (2025r) looks really cool and can lift a bit more than a 1 series, but it's only 2.5" higher off the ground (31" tires), the loader controls are really bad (grainy, notchy, weird feeling), the loader joystick is in the way, and the seat is ridiculously bad. There is no suspension at all, no tilt, no comfort. It also has no engine temp gauge, which is absurd. I don't know if yours is different but they don't make that one anymore, and the new 2 series is a lot more expensive and the turn radius is almost 10 feet.

/ SCUT vs. CUT turn radius #16  
The only 2 series I can afford (2025r) looks really cool and can lift a bit more than a 1 series, but it's only 2.5" higher off the ground (31" tires), the loader controls are really bad (grainy, notchy, weird feeling), the loader joystick is in the way, and the seat is ridiculously bad. There is no suspension at all, no tilt, no comfort. It also has no engine temp gauge, which is absurd. I don't know if yours is different but they don't make that one anymore, and the new 2 series is a lot more expensive and the turn radius is almost 10 feet.

Okay, lets compare the 1025r to the 2025r. Where are you measuring to get the 2.5" height difference? The lowest measurement is front axle clearance, which is 12.3" vs 12.5". The highest measurement is the ROPS, which is 78.6" vs 89"

With everything else you mentioned, did you decide to go with the Kubota?

/ SCUT vs. CUT turn radius #17  
I bought my 110 tlb, 4520 and x749 in that order. I was considering a scut at the time but went with the x749 with 4x4ws, the difference in maneuverability made the choice easy for me. If 4 wheel steer was offered for the scuts that would be of great interest for me. I do quite a bit of tight quarters work and maneuverability is king for me. This is the main reason my 4520 cab tractor does not have a fel on it too. A tlb while cumbersome does have the advantage of being able to move the back end around with the hoe to get in position, everything helps.

When comparing a 1025 to a 2025 they should be very close, not much difference in length or width. Fixed gates, door heights can make or break your choice. Operating in the outdoors would be minor differences.

/ SCUT vs. CUT turn radius #18  
Power Trac series has about half the turn radius of scuts / cuts. Then again, the machine is split in the middle so....

/ SCUT vs. CUT turn radius #19  
While I would expect that my BX turns tighter (at least on paper) than my B did, I really can't think of ever noticing any real world difference. I never found a place I couldn't get the B in that the BX would have made any difference.

/ SCUT vs. CUT turn radius #20  
Four wheel steer makes a big difference. :thumbsup:

My turning radius is just 1 inch under 5 feet, for a just .4 inch over 6 foot wide machine.

V417 spec drawing.JPG

Tires are 14x17.5, just slightly under 36 lnches tall.

PB260007.JPG

PB260006.JPG

PB260009.JPG