SCUT vs. CUT turn radius

/ SCUT vs. CUT turn radius
Okay, lets compare the 1025r to the 2025r. Where are you measuring to get the 2.5" height difference? The lowest measurement is front axle clearance, which is 12.3" vs 12.5". The highest measurement is the ROPS, which is 78.6" vs 89"

With everything else you mentioned, did you decide to go with the Kubota?

The 2025r has 31" tires. The 1025r has 26" tires. A 5" increase in tire diameter yields a 2.5" lift, all else being equal. I'm not sure that all else is equal...it could be a little more than 2.5" or it could be a little less, depending on the physical size difference of the tractor. But that's what the tires give you. Yours, I think, has 41" tires, which mean a 7.5" difference in ground clearance (again, just with tires), which is significant. 2.5" is not.

I went with a `1025r. The 2025r looked cool and wasn't much more expensive, but has the same hp, 2.5" of extra three point lift, and only a little more lift capacity (practically speaking, there's nothing you can do with a 2025r that you can't do with a 1025r). They run the same size implements (brush hog, etc.). The difference wasn't worth that atrocious seat or the weird loader joystick. Or the lack of a temp gauge.

Last edited:
   / SCUT vs. CUT turn radius
Allow me to elaborate.

I drove both. The 1025r feels small and zippy and the seat is super comfortable. The 2025r looks great, the loader joystick works well but is in an awkward spot. I think the 1025r loader may be faster, not sure. It feels that way. But compared to the 1025r, the 2025r feels underpowered. The 1025r will snap your head back if you floor the forward pedal (but still go slow afterwards lol). The 2025r will go, but like, "Do I have to? Fiiiine." And on pavement or other high traction surfaces, it doesn't like to turn tightly. Like...crank the wheel all the way in one direction, then step on the pedal. It doesn't like to start moving. At first I thought the brake was on. The low doesn't really seem that low, and the high doesn't seem that high. All these things together tell me that the tires are too big for the engine/transmission. Maybe if it had a mid range and they made the low lower and the high higher, that might be okay. In any case, they are phasing this tractor out, so whatever.

And then there's the seat. It's small and uncomfortable, but that I can live with. I drove it around the dealer lot and it felt fine. I was like, "I guess the big tires make up for the lack of springs."

Then I drove over some rough ground and it felt like the jackhammer of God was attacking me from below. I looked at the salesman and screamed, "Oh heellll no!" and parked the tractor.

FFS, John Deer (or should I say Yanmar, since it's a rebadged Yanmar tractor)...how hard is it to put a real seat on an otherwise nice machine??? I asked the salesman if they could put the JD air ride seat on it, and he wasn't sure, but it wasn't listed as an option.

Then I drove a 3033r, and wow, what a nice machine. Super comfortable. I see what you guys mean about tight turn radius and the size of the machine. For such a big tractor, it's very nimble and can turn surprisingly tightly, but the 1 series will run circles around it all day long when it comes to maneuverability, just because it's tiny.

So, I now understand why they put those small tires on the 1 series. It makes perfect sense, and I wouldn't change a thing.

Last edited: