Non conventional uses for a tractor.

/ Non conventional uses for a tractor. #11  
Does it have hydraulic remotes? Tricycle type or wide front end?

What year? Is it old enough to qualify for antique tractor pulls? The bigger pistons might help out there :)

/ Non conventional uses for a tractor. #12  
vsteel I can't help but look at it and think of my father.[/QUOTE said:
That right there BIGGEST reason. :thumbsup:
Try country fairs couple tractor pull events,check out tractor club near you.

/ Non conventional uses for a tractor. #13  
I agree, gotta find a use for it or they start to decline.
I would invest in a good DIY or aftermarket 3 point and you would be surprised how often you will use it. My family has a few old "drawbar" tractors that are still earning their keep because of that add-on. Power down is nice for some applications too.

/ Non conventional uses for a tractor. #14  
I have my grandfather's Allis Chalmers G. My father rebuilt it 30 years ago and used for gardening. I plan on getting it running this spring. I don't have much use for it as I have the tractor and an RTV, but I figure I can drive it around the neighborhood every Sunday morning!

Will

/ Non conventional uses for a tractor. #15  
Wagon tractor, baler tractor, show pony, there are multitudes of pull-type implements out there for low dough.

/ Non conventional uses for a tractor. #16  
Local parades!

^^^ This. Most of the towns around our area need little reason to schedule a parade. They have them all summer long, and well into the fall. My youngest stepson plays in his high school marching band, and they march in a lot of parades. The tractor clubs and float pullers are always the best part to me. Hook up a wagon and show it off to everyone.

/ Non conventional uses for a tractor.
It doesn't have hydraulics so I would have to add either a PTO pump with an extension, an engine driven one or find an old 770 and see if the hydraulic unit would fit.

I will look into putting a 3 point on it, that would help a lot. If I found an old parts tractor maybe I could pull everything I need from it. I "THINK" that the 66, 77, 88 super and non super along with the 660, 770, 880 have mostly interchanging parts.

It does have a belt pulley and a wide front end (I forgot about flat belt use). It also has the engine skirts. It is a Row Crop version.

These are all great ideas. (I live in a little town so parades is a good idea.) I do want to keep it going to keep it "fresh". It seems when things are used and kept moving they look better and you worry more about the little things that go wrong.

/ Non conventional uses for a tractor. #18  
11065785_772451566196140_2449825279949065899_n.jpg
Getting a snack via the drive-thru...:)