Loader FEL

/ FEL #1  

TheeKb

Tractor
Mahindra 4025
Any of you ever drilled holes at the bottom of your FEL bucket? I always park it with it facing down so water won't sit but thought about doing it for just in case and for when I'm moving muddy earth around so the water can drain out and I can get more earth than water... can't figure when I would wo t to move fluid?? thoughts?

/ FEL #2  
Drilling a few holes won't let drain fast enough to spit wehn you are moving wet earth. To drain water while parked, that should work fine.

/ FEL #3  
As ArlyA wrote...holes will plug quick.

/ FEL #4  
.. except when you have mud in there while the bucket's raised high and the tractor's moving into a headwind. Then it'll drip into your face.

/ FEL #5  
I wouldn't. I have mixed concrete before in my bucket and have used it to carry water to newly planted trees to far from the hose.

/ FEL #6  
Likewise - I would not drill holes. A bucket full of rainwater will hurt nothing. There will be future jobs where you will be glad you have a "tight" bucket.

/ FEL #7  
Yeah don't think holes will be your friend in the long run. One of those ideas that probably wouldn't pan out unless you had a specific application that required that feature. Don't know what that might be though.

/ FEL #8  
I take my bucket off to give me extra space in the shop, had an old RR tie laying around, I just drop back of bucket on it so it angles down & I don't have to lower arms to far to hook it back up.

Ronnie

/ FEL #9  
If you park it angle down there is no need for holes. Unless you drill a lot of them you won't get any appreciable air flow.

I can already see once the horses are home and new pine trees planted using the bucket to haul water. Got to water trees and fill troughs. Also installing new well so water for horses should be doable w a hose but not for the trees.

/ FEL #10  
I flip mine over with the loader boom and then flip it back when I hook back up.