Ballast Am I asking too much for this ballast box?

/ Am I asking too much for this ballast box? #1  

Luke'sScreenName

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX4800 with BH-90X hoe; Hustler FastTrack 48; B3300SU (sold); 1969 Case 680B CK (sold)
Trying to sell my old ballast box on Craigslist. Haven't had any interest. Either I'm asking too much or it's not something anyone else wants. Appreciate input. CL link below:

Tractor Ballast Box / Carry-All

/ Am I asking too much for this ballast box? #2  
Trying to sell my old ballast box on Craigslist. Haven't had any interest. Either I'm asking too much or it's not something anyone else wants. Appreciate input. CL link below:

Tractor Ballast Box / Carry-All

I think in these parts it might sell for $150. The one I have is the only one I have ever seen around here. Weight boxes may be more popular where you live.

/ Am I asking too much for this ballast box? #4  
Bags of redimix aren't that expensive, so filling it isn't a huge expense. I agree $390 is too much. I would guess that at $200 it would sell. $250 perhaps, but that may be more difficult. Lots of guys aren't going to want to pay the same price as they can do it themselves for. They will want to save a few bucks.

/ Am I asking too much for this ballast box? #5  
I think your price is too high also, even the empty JD box is $280

/ Am I asking too much for this ballast box? #6  
Probably well worth it considering your time and efforts materials etc, but that is a thing that most folks don't 'go out and buy' but make do with with ever is o hand you are looking for a very small market segment that would probably want a major brand name B4 spending that sort of $$'s
Sorry, but that's my take.
Perhaps you should add OBO.

/ Am I asking too much for this ballast box? #7  
....yeah a little high, but he did a real nice build :thumbsup:

/ Am I asking too much for this ballast box?
I appreciate the input from everyone. Obviously I was overestimating the value of the time to make it.

/ Am I asking too much for this ballast box?
Ok. $250 now. Much less than that and I'll just keep it. :confused3:

/ Am I asking too much for this ballast box? #10  
I appreciate the input from everyone. Obviously I was overestimating the value of the time to make it.

Luke, it is not that you time was not valuable, and you now how much time you have in it, and I suspect it is a fair amount. It is that people don't think in that manner. They think "well He77, I could built that myself!". Never realizing how much time it would actually take to build it yourself. People always underestimate the time it takes to build something, especially if they haven't actually built it before. It is not that your ballast box is not worth what you are asking as much as it is not worth it to most people. Does that make sense? Remember most men are fueled by testosterone, and the "well I can do that " attitude. Even if if it is not true.