Lifting Kubota BX24 with a crane

/ Lifting Kubota BX24 with a crane #21  
I sure would like to see a video of this .

/ Lifting Kubota BX24 with a crane #22  
Cool Rig Eric!
Forgive my earlier caution. I have crane safety certs up one arm and down the other, and the lack of info scared me! I have pictures of the upside down cranes that I was 'invited' to the sites to do forensic analysis. They didn't come from the internet, but the other side of my camera. You've done a lot of nice work with that one. We do want pictures of the finished project, sounds like you're really making something very nice there.
And yes, I have been an operator.

Gotta say though, as we all know, "He who dies with the most toys wins!", and you have a big lead!! I'd love to have access to a crane, or old line truck, now days. Sure you don't want to move to Northern Virginia? Nah, I'm trying to leave myself.

George

/ Lifting Kubota BX24 with a crane #23  
I should have said a vid of the digging in that space .

/ Lifting Kubota BX24 with a crane #24  
Cool Rig Eric!
Forgive my earlier caution. I have crane safety certs up one arm and down the other, and the lack of info scared me! I have pictures of the upside down cranes that I was 'invited' to the sites to do forensic analysis. They didn't come from the internet, but the other side of my camera. You've done a lot of nice work with that one. We do want pictures of the finished project, sounds like you're really making something very nice there.

Gotta say though, as we all know, "He who dies with the most toys wins!", and you have a big lead!! I'd love to have access to a crane, or old line truck, now days. Sure you don't want to move to Northern Virginia? Nah, I'm trying to leave myself.

George

Hey there from Western Loudoun: You don't have to leave NoVA, just head west to Loudoun, Clarke, or Faquier and get away from those city folk.

/ Lifting Kubota BX24 with a crane
Cool Rig Eric!

George

Thanks George! No worries! Especially when it comes to cranes there's no such thing as too safe.
I've been taking a ton of photos and videos throughout the project. I'll have to get them all up on the web at some point.
This project has let me to justify buying quite a collection of toys. I think I'll keep most of them around when it's over. The Kubota and dump trailer are borrowed from my dad. I bought the excavator, crane and a few other trailers and tools for the project.

/ Lifting Kubota BX24 with a crane
I should have said a vid of the digging in that space .

I started digging last night after work. It's hard digging with a lot of river rock. I'm glad I'm not doing it by hand. I was pulling the pile back flat and parking on it to make room but I can tell I'm still going to run out of space for material. I'm going to reach over from the top with my excavator tonight and see if I can reach to bring a lot of the material up to the top if I get it close to the wall with the Kubota.
Unfortunately I didn't take any video. It's pretty slow digging. Here are some photos though. DSC_4071.JPG
DSC_4065.JPG