Remote Hydraulic Lever Lock

/ Remote Hydraulic Lever Lock #1  

ArXane

Bronze Member
I have two remote hydraulics on my Kioti CK3510H, both A-B. I have had issues a few times where I bump one of them causing the deadhead issue, but it such a small amount it takes a bit before I notice. Any ideas for locks/clamp out there to keep the levers from getting bumped? I have tried searching the forum and Google but do not think im either using the right term or I am the only one with the issue :)

/ Remote Hydraulic Lever Lock #2  
I assume you mean while you have nothing attached to those QDs. if you put a jumper hose on them it won't deadhead. Not the best solution, but I don't know of any lockouts for those levers.

/ Remote Hydraulic Lever Lock
I assume you mean while you have nothing attached to those QDs. if you put a jumper hose on them it won't deadhead. Not the best solution, but I don't know of any lockouts for those levers.

Correct, with nothing attached. I was thinking about just putting some tbolts in the lever slots with some blue locktite, still seems like there should be a better way.
tbolt.jpg

/ Remote Hydraulic Lever Lock #4  
with davrow, hit local tractor repair place, and have them make up a coupe hoses with fittings for quick connects. perhaps a couple swivel or like fittings in the short hoses to make them shorter but also bend easier. (make sure you have enough length of hose to keep you hand/fingers from getting pinched)

i have hit levers over the years on various equipment, and just nothing comes to mind to keep them in a lock position. and i just blame myself for not being aware and just being stupid when it does happen.

if the valves have a "detent" notch on them. see about adjusting the spring/tension if that is even possible. so it is harder to pull/push out of the detent.

hhmsss old allis chalmers has a "half circle" with a grove following the circle edge, were a spring, washers, bolt/nut all come together through handle for rear end. it also has a butter fly nut. so you can twist it down and lock the handle in place to hold a given position for the rear. at most i just tighten the butterfly nut down enough so there is a little bit of force required to move handle. rarely if ever actually tighten the butterfly nut all the way down.

any sort of chain/hook/clamp i can think of to hold it in place. sounds like an accident in my mind waiting to happen. and would be more finkey than just making sure you do not hit lever in first place.

/ Remote Hydraulic Lever Lock #5  
Take a small fancy brass hinge and cut a notch in one side slightly wider than the lever diameter then screw it or rivet it down to the plastic with it centered on the handle. When you want to lock it flip down the half with the notch over the handle when you need to use it just flip it up.

/ Remote Hydraulic Lever Lock
Take a small fancy brass hinge and cut a notch in one side slightly wider than the lever diameter then screw it or rivet it down to the plastic with it centered on the handle. When you want to lock it flip down the half with the notch over the handle when you need to use it just flip it up.

Great suggestion, I will look at this option. Thanks!