Rotor tiller oil leak.

/ Rotor tiller oil leak. #1  

Catman8

Gold Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 30B, John Deere 2032R
I have under ten hours on this new tiller and I have an oil leak, I was able to tighten the bolts up about 1/8" turn and I will keep an eye on it to see if it stops.

Is this kind of leak common on new implements. I'm guessing there must be a paper gasket between the two parts.

IMG_1637.JPGIMG_1638.PNG

/ Rotor tiller oil leak. #2  
paper gasket or form-a-gasket. Seems like the form-a-gasket is being used more and more.

/ Rotor tiller oil leak. #3  
I have a Woods tiller that has a similar bearing leak. It is a very slow leak that first appeared when the tiller was new. I clean the grease around the bearing every season to see how much/if it leaks. It seems to leak much less now than when the tiller was new. This bearing is on the main tine shaft and would be a lot of work to disassemble to check the gasket. I just deal with it and keep it greased. One thought is that maybe they applied too much grease from the factory, and this excess grease is working its way out. Time will tell. Just keep a watch on it.

/ Rotor tiller oil leak. #4  
My landpride tiller has leaked like that ever since it was new. The dust soakes up the oil and at the end of the season I power wash it clean.

/ Rotor tiller oil leak. #5  
Mine does the same. I always considered it as a value add, you know - rust prevention. Of course I'm used to my truck looking similar with Fluid Film creeping out across all sorts of painted areas.

/ Rotor tiller oil leak.
Mine does the same. I always considered it as a value add, you know - rust prevention. Of course I'm used to my truck looking similar with Fluid Film creeping out across all sorts of painted areas.

Lol, engineers hard at work, or maybe it's an elaborate ruse to keep the oil companies in business and increasing oil profits. To funny, thanks for the info guys.

/ Rotor tiller oil leak. #7  
I have three Howards, not one of them has ever leaked and they are all older to old now...

SR