Easy way to flip deck?

/ Easy way to flip deck? #1  

jjk454ss

Bronze Member
Tractor
eMax 25s
With my old tractor I could fairly easily flip the deck over to clean it, change blades, etc. my new one is bigger and heavier. Has anyone found an easy solution that allows easy access to the bottom. Not looking for just a ramp or jack. I'd like to be able to flip it right over, or maybe hang it. I was thinking of maybe just using a chain hoist to suspend it, but wonder what others have done that's worked well. Thanks

/ Easy way to flip deck? #2  
I thought that would be nice too. Steiner has a flip up deck and a retrofit kit for older decks, but I am told it is a heavy job to tilt the deck up, so I did not pursue it. I just hang it off a loader with a sling. Good for maintenance, not good for end of cutting cleaning.

/ Easy way to flip deck? #3  
I use an engine hoist and a lifting strap, pickup the front end to the height I need.

/ Easy way to flip deck?
Thanks for all the ideas. The loader is a good idea but I don't keep it on most of the time. I'm thinking I'll get a chain hoist in the barn where I can lift it when I need. Thanks again

/ Easy way to flip deck? #6  
I use an engine hoist and a lifting strap, pickup the front end to the height I need.

X2 even if you have rock/dirt for a floor in shed. they may not roll easily once you get weight on them. but make quick work of lifting up a deck.

pay attention to local newspaper ads. for sales. you should be able to find something at or little over $100 maybe add additional 20 or so on to that.

be careful of connection to trusses in shed, and in that they can support so much weight. you get a chain hoist or something, and folks begin getting wild. and then the sky is falling as things become falling down as overloading the truss with weight.

/ Easy way to flip deck? #7  
I also use an engine hoist or as I know it as a shop crane. I bought the two ton model from Harbor Freight. I use a two by eight at the base so the deck doesn't dig into the base of the shop crane. Works well for me.

/ Easy way to flip deck? #8  
For mower decks, Deck Dolly Home

I've been using one with my 54HC deck and its been indispensable for easily flipping the deck up its side and working on it. Very stable.

/ Easy way to flip deck? #9  
With my old tractor I could fairly easily flip the deck over to clean it, change blades, etc. my new one is bigger and heavier. Has anyone found an easy solution that allows easy access to the bottom. Not looking for just a ramp or jack. I'd like to be able to flip it right over, or maybe hang it. I was thinking of maybe just using a chain hoist to suspend it, but wonder what others have done that's worked well. Thanks

I just use the front end loader to pick it up and turn it over. Pretty simple

/ Easy way to flip deck? #10  
My loader is not attached most of the time either and I wasn't going to put it on just to lift the deck to clean it, but I have used my deer gambrel hoist in my garage several times. Attach the hooks securely and hoist it upright but not off of the floor so it isn't taking all of the weight. I have the 60" MMM.