Help running Single Acting Cyliner on Dual Remotes

/ Help running Single Acting Cyliner on Dual Remotes #1  

whitefacenh

I have an Kubota L3710HSTC with a set of dual remotes installed. The problem is that I need to run a Single Acting cylinder on a Batwing Mower with only one hydraulic line running to the cylinder. When I try to plug this into either port of my remotes nothing happens as their is no flow through the unused remote. The mower wont go up or down. Makes since to me. However, when I called the Kubota dealer they indicated Kubota does not have a "single port" remote as an option. They also said I should be able to run the mower cylinder using jus tone side of the remote. They transferred me to the service department who also told me the same thing What am I missing? Is it possible to make a one line single acting cyliner work on a dual port?

Attachments

• 20170603_132321[1].jpg
    20170603_132321[1].jpg
    3 MB · Views: 188
  • 20170603_132248[1].jpg
    20170603_132248[1].jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 239
  • 6-5-2017 9-14-35 PM.png
    6-5-2017 9-14-35 PM.png
    168.6 KB · Views: 187
   / Help running Single Acting Cyliner on Dual Remotes #2  
Put on the one that extended the cylinder. When you want to lower it, you'll push the remote forward based on the pics. For the wings, how are you planning on floating them with only one remote? This is assuming there's only one hose from the cylinder.

We're the pics of the batwing?

Brett

/ Help running Single Acting Cyliner on Dual Remotes
It will not move if I plug it into either remote. As I understand it you have to have 2 hoses plugged into "dual" remotes and when the lever is moved flow has to happen equally throuhg both. If one is extending, the other has to be retracting oil at an equal amount. With only one hose/remote used the other remote has has no way to push or retract oil.

/ Help running Single Acting Cyliner on Dual Remotes #4  
Well the I don't know what to tell you. My wing cylinder has one hose, the lift has one hose, my dump trailer only has one hose and they all work great that way. When you try and raise, it should lift it or you should hear the tractor draw down a little. On the end of the cylinder, is there a plug or vent or anything?

Brett

/ Help running Single Acting Cyliner on Dual Remotes #5  
I ran a bat wing on my JD 6200. Just plugged the one hose into either port. I didn't need float so it didn't matter which one I used.

The only problem I encountered is that the rear deck always went down right away, but the side decks if up and vertical would be slow until they put more weight on the cylinders.

There was a safety holding system to keep my mowers up, if the system leaked. It has to be removed for operation.

/ Help running Single Acting Cyliner on Dual Remotes #6  
It will not move if I plug it into either remote. As I understand it you have to have 2 hoses plugged into "dual" remotes and when the lever is moved flow has to happen equally throuhg both. If one is extending, the other has to be retracting oil at an equal amount. With only one hose/remote used the other remote has has no way to push or retract oil.

Check the rear remote thread listed in the box below. Seems like a $24 part to return to tank works for some applications.

The Hurlimann 435 has an "adjustment setting" that turns one of the two rear remotes into single acting. But that is a different tractor. ;-)

/ Help running Single Acting Cyliner on Dual Remotes
Thank you all for the replies!!, If you all feel it should work just plugging into one side then you must be right. I am now wondering if my remote was not making a clean connection although I tried both sides several times.

Thanks, Gary

/ Help running Single Acting Cyliner on Dual Remotes #8  
You really aught to provide a line back to tank so the unused "alternate port" isn't just blocked and relying on the pressure relief valve to pass it's pressure and flow.

/ Help running Single Acting Cyliner on Dual Remotes #9  
I'd like to know how 30 pto horsepower handles a batwing mower?

/ Help running Single Acting Cyliner on Dual Remotes #10  
You have a single remote with dual action on the picture ! You can work only one silinder ! Your batwing...is it mounted on your 3point an dose it have only 1 silinder on it with 1 pipe ? Then it should work . One silinder with 2 pipes will work aswell . but not 2 silinders.