Dirt Moving Did I kill my tractor?

/ Did I kill my tractor? #1  

frann

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1428v
I used a tiller to break up some very lumpy clay like soil before planting bahia. This supposed to be a horse pasture some day. Anyway now it seems my little 28 horse power Massey Ferguson does not have as much pick up and go as it used to have. I used to mow the pasture, another one with a finishing mower at around 25 rpm's. Now I seem to be at full power at 20 rpm's when I mow with the finishing mower. What happened and can it be fixed?

/ Did I kill my tractor? #2  
Are you saying that you can't get engine to turn faster than 2000RPM? If so, I'd check fuel and air filters as they're easy and likely candidates.

/ Did I kill my tractor?
It would not go faster than 20 rpm's with the pto going with the mower attached to it. Right after I finished tilling the pasture, I had all filters and fluids replaced on the tractor.

/ Did I kill my tractor?
I just checked the paperwork. The oil, air and fuel filters were changed and the antifreeze was changed.

/ Did I kill my tractor?
The oil was changed

/ Did I kill my tractor? #6  
It would not go faster than 20 rpm's with the pto going with the mower attached to it. Right after I finished tilling the pasture, I had all filters and fluids replaced on the tractor.
Is that engine RPM, or PTO RPM?
I can see 2000 PTO RPM max better than 2000 engine RPM.

Aaron Z

/ Did I kill my tractor? #7  
Is that engine RPM, or PTO RPM?
I can see 2000 PTO RPM max better than 2000 engine RPM.

Aaron Z
The rear PTO RPM is generally 540, so I imagine that is engine RPM.

/ Did I kill my tractor? #10  
If you can't get engine power or rpm on a old fashion diesel the normal problem is fuel or air. You can have bad fuel, so check the fuel flow. Does it smoke different?