filling in potholes in the field

/ filling in potholes in the field #11  
Well spotted, its actually a FD2050...at least that's what it says on the tractor...it's gray market...but that doesn't appear on tractordata.com either...

View attachment 512636

According to T-B-N archive posts FD2050 is approximately equivalent to a Kubota 'B' series or a John Deere 790.

Does it have 4-WD? FEL, which affects 4-WD traction?

T-B-N ARCHIVE: Google

With 4-WD it should pull a 54" wide or 60" wide Box Blade, nothing wider. Your tractor likely has turnbuckle Lower Link stabilizers rather than solid Lower Link stabilizers. This means tractor will have to cross holes before Box Blade can be raised to allow dirt to deposit in holes. NO PUSHING WITH THE BOX BLADE.

Here is a relevant thread: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/381216-5-box-blade-manufacturer-stand.html

Last edited:
   / filling in potholes in the field #12  
If you had around 80 or 90 HP and a thousand lb chisel plow, it would be a quick fix. With small equipment and it will take forever and be an unsatisfactory result. Plus, it will do it again next spring. I'd hire the job out for the couple hundred it might cost. Maybe trade labor.

That free advice is after not seeing any photos or understanding the lay of the land, soil structure or rocks. It's just what I would do here. .

/ filling in potholes in the field #13  
"2-3 feet wide x deep" aren't really "big" holes in my opinion. I think you could easily fill those with a moderate sized box blade and FEL, sized to work on your available tractor.

If you need it done in a hurry, hire it out. If you don't, and have time to take care of it, do it yourself. This is why we buy tractors, right?

/ filling in potholes in the field #14  
If it were me I would disc, rip or till the field and smooth it out then replant in grass. Filling these holes should be quick work with your tractor and a box blade. But I would think reworking the field is recommended to have every thing smooth and uniform. Good grass and/or some type of ground cover will help with erosion control. I would look at what caused the problem and see if this can be prevented if possible.