Kubota GR2120 - disable KRA reverse safety

/ Kubota GR2120 - disable KRA reverse safety #1  

davidMP

Tractor
NA
Hello everyone,

I have a new GR2120-2 on order that I'm excited to receive!

Somewhere, on one of the online forums, someone posted an article on how to bypass the KRA safety switch that kills the mower if you try and back up with the PTO engaged. Apparently there's four wires and you have to jump two and then unplug two, from what I can remember. Anyways, I've looked all over and I can't find that article; I should have bookmarked it when I found it. Can anyone point me in the right direction to bypass the KRA system? Also, to bypass the seat safety switch, do I just jump the two wires together?

Thanks!

/ Kubota GR2120 - disable KRA reverse safety #3  
My GR2120 is the easiest lawn tractor I have used leaving the reverse switch enabled. One press after starting the blades and the switch is disabled until the next time you disengage the clutch - with the light on the switch flashing to show the safety feature is disengaged. I admit to being saved by the reverse switch from accidentally backing over some things I didn't want to so I like having the switch enabled, but it being convenient to shut off when mowing around all my trees and shrubs.

/ Kubota GR2120 - disable KRA reverse safety #4  
I am reading on the manual that there is a override factory switch on the machine for reverse mowing. . I do not seem to be able to link it. Or I could just be wrong and thats why it not link right.

Seat safety switch i would give second thought to override on. Your machine and money and safety but something to be careful about.

/ Kubota GR2120 - disable KRA reverse safety
Thanks for the replies, guys. I do agree that it's not a horribly intrusive system in that you only have to push it once when you engage the deck, but I don't like the light blinking at me the whole time I mow.

Redlands Okie, many thanks for the linked information. I read it as well and it looks like the override is to prevent activating the button to allow reversing while mowing altogether - so if you pull that fuse the reverse override button no longer works and you can't back up with the blades engaged at all.

I looked at the back of the switch and there's four wires. I'm sure two are to the button and two are for the light, but I'm not sure which are which. A wiring diagram or someone who's successfully done it would be great!!!

Thanks!

/ Kubota GR2120 - disable KRA reverse safety #7  
Thanks for the replies, guys. I do agree that it's not a horribly intrusive system in that you only have to push it once when you engage the deck, but I don't like the light blinking at me the whole time I mow.

Redlands Okie, many thanks for the linked information. I read it as well and it looks like the override is to prevent activating the button to allow reversing while mowing altogether - so if you pull that fuse the reverse override button no longer works and you can't back up with the blades engaged at all.

I looked at the back of the switch and there's four wires. I'm sure two are to the button and two are for the light, but I'm not sure which are which. A wiring diagram or someone who's successfully done it would be great!!!

Thanks!
Hey mate. It is so easy. All you have to do is locate the reverse switch under the RHS floor near the brake pedal. Pull out the plug from the reverse switch and connect the two terminals in the plug with a short piece of cable with a male tab fitted to each end. Just plug each end of this short cable into the socket to bridge it out. The tractor will now assume that you never press the reverse pedal because it won't detect it. Happy mowing. Note, don't whatever you do bypass the seat switch- too dangerous!!!