Need a mask for cutting grass

/ Need a mask for cutting grass #1  

murph1

Platinum Member
Tractor
MF-135 DK-40se Ventrac 4500
Hey Guy's. I have COPD and need a mask for grass cutting be need to be careful about air flow. Any Idea"s
Thanks for any and all responses.

/ Need a mask for cutting grass #2  
What about a spay painters mask. Can be had with one or two filters and some have pre filter to extend the life of the filter canister. You could get one a an automotive paint supplier. Might even be able to try one on to check for comfort. Rick

/ Need a mask for cutting grass #3  
I use some basic 3m facemasks I got from the hardware store: Amazon.com Page Not Found
They work noticeably better than similar looking ones from Harbor Freight- better fit, better filtering, less breathing restriction, last longer. These are less of a breathing restriction than my painters mask with replaceable cartridges.

3m make similar models with one way valves in them for easier breathing out.

/ Need a mask for cutting grass #4  
I use 3m masks with one way valves in them for easier breathing out. They are a little more expensive but well worth it to me. Definitely makes breathing out more comfortable and doesn't cause my glasses to fog.

/ Need a mask for cutting grass #6  
I'm allergic to grass pollen so I wear a mask when mowing. I use the 3M 8233 masks with the exhale valve. They're rated N100. They work well for me, almost no sniffing after mowing.

/ Need a mask for cutting grass #7  
I also have copd. I use the paper filter mask from NAPA. I put mask on over my oxy hose. I buy a box full at a time. I tried other mask but NAPAs seam to work best for me.

/ Need a mask for cutting grass #8  
clean the face up. no hair, so mask fits better against skin.

there are full face masks, with a fan inside, that pushes air to you. but these masks are rather expensive, and might work with facial hair. the blower might help keep you cooler under the mask.

pending on how small you need to get down to, to filter and start getting into microns, and in that start buying cannisters, that fit a given face mask. something that just covers nose and mouth, but not the eyes can work. you sweet but work.

/ Need a mask for cutting grass #9  
I use the 3M 8233 masks with the exhale valve also. It is suitable for all kinds of stuff including welding. One source for them is Gemplers:

Gemplers 3M-8233-N100-Particulate-Respirator

And Amazon has them as well.

/ Need a mask for cutting grass #10  
The masks with the plastic valve in the front or the only ones I buy. We used them in a factory I worked in where some of the powders would cause a nose bleed after four or five breaths. They worked great.

RSKY