Regarding 4x4...

/ Regarding 4x4... #11  
My tractor is never in 4wd unless it is needed-sometimes I'll spin when I'm plowing snow and realize I am in 2wd.

Will

/ Regarding 4x4... #12  
Some of you guys must have no faith in the any Kubota engineers... or you might be thinking these tractors are "delicate". :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The one or two time I've driven in 2 wheel drive.... I go on a run-a-way slide!!

/ Regarding 4x4... #13  
Hmmmm - wondering. For those of you that leave your tractor in 4WD "most of the time". Do you leave your pickup in 4WD "most of the time" also? And if not, then why not?

/ Regarding 4x4... #14  
....Do you leave your pickup in 4WD "most of the time" also? And if not, then why not?
I'm not driving off road all the time... and yes, I've driven to my friends house more than a few times in 4x4 with my truck, too.

Also, you have heard of All Wheel drive, they are in 4x4 all the time... :D :D

/ Regarding 4x4... #15  
The one or two time I've driven in 2 wheel drive.... I go on a run-a-way slide!!

Well, yeah...you live in Hillsville, right? :D

If I'm using my loader on anything heavier than mulch, I usually go into 4wd to not leave tire marks when digging into the pile.

Hope you guys leaving your machines in 4wd a lot or always regularly change your front gear lube.

When I take my tractor out of 4wd, it sort of goes aahhh from less effort and clearly less vibration in the tractor. Very minor, but I can always tell in corners,
that shimmy, wind up and bump feeling.

I need to always check what position the lever is, down there on the floor. I've seen older Kubotas with the lever on the dash. No forgetting things there.

/ Regarding 4x4... #16  
Hmmmm - wondering. For those of you that leave your tractor in 4WD "most of the time". Do you leave your pickup in 4WD "most of the time" also? And if not, then why not?

Large ag. tractors like this bad boy are 4WD all of the time.

deere.jpg

Steve

/ Regarding 4x4... #17  
My farm was in hill country , 2/3 tractor accessable, the rest was to steep ,the tractor stayed in 4x4 as there was almost no road work.

/ Regarding 4x4... #18  
My farm was in hill country , 2/3 tractor accessable, the rest was to steep ,the tractor stayed in 4x4 as there was almost no road work.

from the pictures I've seen of New Zealand, you must have been farming with beautiful views. And steep, very steep, like how far up that hill do you really want to go until
you start terracing the land.
Do you have any pics?

Steve, now if it fit between my farm gates....many of us bought homes for less money than that tractor. Mercedes Benz and BMW are going to AWD with their big
motors because it's the only way to put the 500+hp down, 2wd just doesn't cut it any more other than for pure road feel/driving experience. Which most of us can't tell the
difference. I have to drive on the road for about half a mile to get around to the far side of my farm to mow the roadsides there. With loaded tires and a crowned road, and equipment front and rear, there is so much going on that I can imagine forgetting to check the 4wd lever. Now it makes me wonder if a light comes on in the dash and I've been oblivious.

/ Regarding 4x4... #19  
I've been told that AWD is completely different than 4WD.

/ Regarding 4x4... #20  
I have mine in 2WD unless I need 4WD, it's easy enough to shift it in and out as needed. 4WD is tough on the lawn and it really lets you know if you are on pavement, it hops and jerks when you try to turn as the drivetrain binds. I would prefer not to incur a large bill replacing front axle components:eek: