Do you serve your equipment ?

/ Do you serve your equipment ? #31  
I wash mine every time it rains! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

as for the mower and such, I do try to keep the clippings off the deck, once or twice a year! usually mid and end of season maintenance I do all my own upkeep and services, grease it probably on 10~15 hr rather than the longer term. also wipe off excess grease on the zerk BEFOR putting the gun on it so as to not get sand into the greased surface. as for the excess that squishes out the sides, that is dirt blocker /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif yep it gets real dirty, but scrape off the excess down near the pivioting part and it is nice and clean (USUALLY) always some type of out of the norm thing going on.

my brother-n-law is kind of the way you're neibor is. but so is the sister kind of neet freaks. he works part time servicing dealer cars that are traded in or preping for customer pick up. their cars are traded after about 5 yeras with usually less than 50K. but they won't sell one to me! they don't want me to buy one and if it was to break they would feel obligated to help fix it lol...

anyhow the house is nice and kept very clean.

I do agree with the other guy who said it could be a nagging wife too... the brother of mine works 14hr a day just so he doen't have to go home! and when he is off he wants to come down to my place and work out in the woods or someplace where SHE won't come and bother him... kind of sad but to each his own.

Mark M /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Do you serve your equipment ?
To expand on the original story a bit: My neighbor is retired, but I don't believe this dedication to cleanliness started with retirement. I believe it has deeper roots than that.

The real reason that I composed this thread was to try to get a sympathetic ear. You see, not only does my neighbor meticulously clean his equipment, he gives me a hard time about the appearance of mine every chance he gets. I wanted to gauge who was nutty, he or I. Done.

/ Do you serve your equipment ? #33  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I wanted to gauge who was nutty, he or I. Done.
)</font>
Having done a lot of psychiatric nursing, I've seen a lot of obsessive/compulsive behavior and your neighbor sounds like he may be a candidate for that diagnosis. What confirms it for me is that he is even bothered by your lack of obsession about your equipment. A "normal" person wouldn't care at all how you keep your equipment, but someone who has a problem would be terribly bothered by seeing all that mess even on YOUR tractor. Hey! I'm OK, you're OK, the neighbor has a problem. John

/ Do you serve your equipment ? #34  
Sounds like you should tell him the hose is overthere! then you too could have a nice clean tractor! lol When people try to give unsolited advice sometimes it is easier to tell them to have at it rather than get them to stop buggin gyou! that seems to work with my old woman anyhow /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Mark M /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Do you serve your equipment ? #35  
Jerry, I am sorry, but as nutty as he is, we can't completely rule out the same for you...

Just funnin!

/ Do you serve your equipment ?
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Do you serve your equipment ? #37  
I service my tractor..If It gets realy muddy I may wash it.The rest gets tacken care of when I get time. Larry

/ Do you serve your equipment ? #38  
Hope he greases AFTER power washing. That equipment could push the grease out and replace it with water! I would not use power washers on anything except maybe concrete or plate steel, nothing with any joints or gaskets that aren't designed to take that huge amount of pressure.

Better to wet with a regular hose and let sit. Then hose off with regular hose/nozzle.

Ralph